HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Opinion from veterans (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/271957-opinion-veterans.html)

James B 11-11-2008 07:48 AM

RE: Opinion from veterans

I don't see a place for Gays in the universe let alone the Military. Thats a absolute no for me.

burniegoeasily 11-11-2008 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: boysda

ORIGINAL: LBR

the only difference is the latter group serves in secrecy.
Bull. Where do you house them?

where do you house women?

House them with the women, that way they can do the womens hair. Have you seen the ugly styles the military women have. Thay are thimply horrid.

Now for the community shower thing, im at a lost where to go with that one. I guess the song by the Village People might explain that one. "In the Navy, you can be nice and clean"

RenaissanceBiker 11-11-2008 09:31 AM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: RenaissanceBiker

So ButchA, do you think "K" and "D" should be kicked out of the service because of what "G" did?
Honest? No. "K" and "D" kept it to themselves and never bothered anyone. "G" was just a creep who took things way too far for his own good.

That's what I have been saying. If "G" persisted after that, you could have had him charged with harrassment. The genders of the people involved doesn't really matter. What matters is that you did not want him to touch you that way. The same rules apply if he had been a female you weren't attracted to, a male touching a female that way, or a female touching a female that way. If they enforce the existing rules properly, patriotic gays can serve in the military the same as anyone else. Now is not the time to turn away people who want to help defend America.

bigbulls 11-11-2008 07:43 PM

Question 1. Where do you put gay men?

Question 2. Where do you put gay women?

Please answer these two simple questions.

vc1111 11-11-2008 07:46 PM

would suggest that history shows us that the military is never solely about proficiency; rather "fairness," politics, or societal expectation always factor into the equation. we don't just care about fighting a war, we care about the way in which we fight the war. the key is, of course, balance.
I understand what you're saying, but I think we might be talking about different things. The machine itself is sent to kill and destroy as proficiently as possible. The politics and societal factors are more important always, but they do not in my opinion change the machine's mission...to break people, places, and things.

The politics is the why, the machine is the how.

RenaissanceBiker 11-11-2008 09:26 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbulls
Question 1. Where do you put gay men?
The same placewe put everyone else. The same place we put them now.

Question 2. Where do you put gay women?
The same placewe put everyone else. The same place we put them now.

Please answer these two simple questions.
I just did, but you probably don't like the simpleanswers.

bigbulls 11-11-2008 09:41 PM

We don'thouse men and women in the same place now do we?
Good job at skirting the question though. Well, not really.

I will ask again and be more specific this time in hopes that you can give real answers to two very simple questions.

#1. Where do you house gay men. Do you house them with the men, with the women, or by themselves as a third sex.

#2. Where do you house the gay women? Do you house them with the women, with the men, or by themselves as a fourth sex?

ButchA 11-11-2008 10:50 PM

You house them with everyone else, just like it is now. If they decide to "come out" and make a move on someone, then it's BLANKET PARTY TIME!

bigbulls 11-11-2008 11:02 PM

I'm not talking about if they decide to come out under the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy and get kicked out.

I am talking about if gays were 100% openly allowed to serve in the military.

#1. Where do you house gay men. Do you house them with the men, with the women, or by themselves as a third sex.

#2. Where do you house the gay women? Do you house them with the women, with the men, or by themselves as a fourth sex?

C. Davis 11-12-2008 05:38 AM

I'm not talking about if they decide to come out under the "Don't ask, Don't tell" policy and get kicked out.

I am talking about if gays were 100% openly allowed to serve in the military.

I can see why the military would be a cool venture for them. They get to shower and house with their sexual preference. I think they have more rights than I do.

C. Davis