Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Lets Meet the Political Posters! >

Lets Meet the Political Posters!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Lets Meet the Political Posters!

Old 09-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hello all

Old but not dead
Spend lots of time in the woods
Both parties have gone to seed but you got to vote for somebody
Kids grown and grand kids growing
Everybody likes to shoot most like to hunt
Retired communications construction manager
Old 12-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Spike

I'm Aught Six. Enough said...
Old 12-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome back!!!
Old 04-14-2018, 03:27 PM
Spike

Lets see:
  • I am 51yrs old.
  • Joined the Army at 17yrs as an 11B infantry and was stationed at Fort Lewis, WA (9th infantry division).
  • Worked a few years afterward at a shipyard (electrical dept) and did work on the USS Wabash, the USS Peleliu and an LST but I don't remember its name.
  • Worked 5 years at McDonnell Douglas building the C-17, starting with the first C-17 (T1: Test-1) to (P15: Production-15) as an A&P (Airframe & Powerplant) after finishing schooling at Northrup University.
  • Currently and for the last 23 years I've been a Longshoreman and yes my social/political/economical alignments do clash with many co-workers since I am not by any means a lefty.
  • Also I am a day/swing trader in the equities market. In fact my forum name is based on that: Iron Condor

And a few photos of myself. I don't really take a lot of photos so these photos go back all the to the 80's with the most current one being about 7 years ago. Well that and these photos below are me.

Stanislaus National Forest (Emigrant Wilderness area), California

90mm Recoiless Rifle (actually my weapon is that M203 next to my knee), Fort Lewis, Washington

Sand Hill Fort Benning, Georgia (Bootcamp, me on the left 17yrs old - 1984)

One of my previous bikes (GSXR-750), Angeles Crest Hwy

Snow Summit Ski Resort Big Bear California

I think this is the most recent photo of me. Its about 7yrs ago.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

age 70
retired mechanical engineer qualified for Mensa, ) Stanford–Binet and Cattell)(really don,t care)
its persistence honesty, ingenuity, and integrity that maters
two male kids 43-37 (both with masters degrees in computer related fields)
I build race car engines for grins, I like to hunt remote canyon country for elk , living out of a back-pack when its an option.
I vastly prefer to sneak into under 60 yard rather than take longer range shots, but regularly practice shooting out to 500 yards
think almost all politicians are far from trust worth, some republicans and most democrats should be in prison
I think government should be limited too keeping the population safe, from outside the boarder's threats
minimal, but fully adequate,police, fire national,military and maintaining infrastructure, like roads, parks, clean water
if you can afford it, you should be able to purchase it, that goes for land, homes, cars, weapons, provided you don,t hurt other people
property taxes are legalized extortion

Last edited by hardcastonly; 10-27-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default Coastal Mountaineer Intro

Been posting a while and got reminded in a post that all credible posters first post should be an introduction. Seems I violated this rule so want to correct the record.

I'm 70 years old, grew up in rural North Carolina. Worked my way through college working at A&P. Never served in military, had college deferment then got a lucky draft number. Sometimes regret not serving but with a wife and child when I became 1A, I had no desire to go to Vietnam.

Retired in 2006 as an executive with a major US Corporation. Moved fairly often with my company living in Charlotte, Roanoke, VA, Philadelphia, Chicago, Nashville, and ended my career in Hartford, CT.

My outdoor highlights: 8 state fish citations including 2 largemouths, smallmouth, 2 sailfish, black fin tuna, false albecore. My largest fish to date was an 85 lb yellowfin. My biggest thrill was hooking a heavy blue marlin, fought it for an hour, then 150 lb snap came undone. All fish caught on boats I owned and captained.

I have 15 gobblers to my credit, more deer than I can remember or count, Grouse and deer hunted in Wisconsin, pheasant in South Dakota, killed my first 10 point in Virginia, largest deer 130 class whitetail killed with bow.

Earned my Coast Guard OUPV in 2009. I captained over 30 blue water fishing trips with friends to the Canyons in New England and the Gulfstream out of NC.

My political beliefs are these:
1. Our countries strongest when it acts in the best interest of all citizens without political favor or bias.
2. I believe our country should do all it can to encourage employment including financial help for the lowest paid workers.
3. Truth is slippery but as individuals, we should do our best to check facts and not be swayed by whispers or misinformation.
4. Regardless of political side, we should speak out, challenge untruths, and defend free speech.
5. Republican for most of my life, Democrat for a very short while, now, I'm Independent.
6. Both major parties are broken.

Personal, been married 49 years, two successful grown children, and 4 grandsons who hunt and fish with me.

Last edited by Coastal Mountaineer; 07-22-2018 at 07:02 AM.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:41 AM
Spike

Turning 40 next month. 2 kids who are making me age even faster. The great outdoors help me escape and I do it a lot!
Old 01-16-2021, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard! Kids tend to do that.