Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Awesome gas at $4.00 >

Awesome gas at $4.00

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Awesome gas at $4.00

Old 05-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Spike

Default RE: Awesome gas at $4.00

Europe has had $6 to $8 dollar gas prices for years. It was only a matter of time before it happened to us. I thought that was the whole point of the Iraq war, to take the oil. Or at least secure it. Now we have the threat of Iran taking it over(the oil) and cutting us off completely from it. This is not good stuff. This could lead to complete financial disaster. I guess I will start riding the "company bicycle" to work.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: targethogs

ORIGINAL: nodog

Pointing fingers isn't always wrong. G.W wasn't forced to take the job of one of the most powerful positions in the world and as such he also bears a great deal of responsibility. If he's not the captian of the ship who is?

History will tell but at this time and in this situation he a failure as a leader. A great many peoples lives are being ruined because of his lack of leadership and a handfull of his friends are making record profits, coinsidental or not. He was also the governer of Texas for a number of years. If he doesn't have deep roots in oil, he's an idiot. That is one industry he should have a firm grip on. Another reason he bears a great deal of the blame.

Before I hear some crap about howlittle profits there making comparitively remember this, "profit" is after ALL expenses are paid, all of them, wages, benifits, perks, everything they can think of to spend a penny on. Huge salaries are the cost of doing business and not part of "profits".
Pointing fingers is not wrong...someone needs to be accountable, the fact is, has Bush even raised a hand to reduce the cost of a gallon of gas...NOPE...even getting rid of the gas tax would be a start, at least it would be showing the American people that he is doing something. Even if our own states got rid of the state tax or at least reduced it, it would show the American people that someone did care. It seems like the oil companies just keep on making a ton of money out of this, and by the way oil company profit means nothing to me when oil companyexecutives are pocketing anywhere from 750g to 850G a year, and in some cases alot more. Profit is just what is left over after they have all lined their pockets!
Hey I think bows cost too much, c'mon bush lower the price[8D]
It's a hard lesson we have to learn, some may disagree, but we need and are going to feel some pain. I fully execpt the American Economy to go it a deep recession, and for me to be out of work in 2 years.

Sorry but when thinks get a little tough I do not look to any branch of the goverment for help.

I agree someone is to blame, but I think is us.
Bows and oil? How does a bow effect the country? there's no comparison.
How about when the government is to blame for the tough time? Were not talking about your local factory closing and your out of work, or you suffer a health problem, this is nation wide.

I suppose they should expect to be some of the most pampered people in the country and not have to do the job there put there for. Just what do you think their job is? What are you paying them for? You are hiring them to look out for your interests, not your personal interests, but what's good for the country. When people are out of work, it's not just a tough time, it's in many cases loosing everything they have. These pampered pets don't have that fear in fact they are going to get paiduntill the day they die regardless of how they run the factory. The workers who are out of work will have to continue to make up for their failure to run the business. So many people are good with that.[&o]

At least gay marraige is progressing aye.

I'm sure your right it's our fault, we don't agree on what were at fault of.

Old 05-26-2008, 01:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bigcat_hunter

Europe has had $6 to $8 dollar gas prices for years. It was only a matter of time before it happened to us. I thought that was the whole point of the Iraq war, to take the oil. Or at least secure it. Now we have the threat of Iran taking it over(the oil) and cutting us off completely from it. This is not good stuff. This could lead to complete financial disaster. I guess I will start riding the "company bicycle" to work.
You need to look at where oil is. Do you really think the only ones selling oil is the middle east? It's got nothing to do with supply and there's always been a demand. It's got to do with the soul of the nation. For lack of a better term that most can associate with, we've gone over to the dark side.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Who knows what a PHEV is?
GM is makeing two for 2010, the Vault and Saturan Vue.

Both will go 40+ miles on Battery. THe both have a 1 liter motor to recharge as one drives. THe motor can run off Bio diseal, Etanol or Gas. Range of 650 miles on one tank

We need to push hard for these cars. THere is a company today the can turn your current car into a PHEV, with a range of 40 miles eletric only and than the gas kicks in.

I know some think GM killed the eletric car, but having worked for them I know this to be true. GM would sell you a car that ran of PIG SH!T if we would buy it.
I would find it hard to believe that big oil and the auto industry don't enjoy warm showers together. More a kin to inbreeding.
Take a look a GM's First Qrt Profits and the Oil companies I would say the Honeymoon is over
Like I said, profits are not the cost of doing business. No profits, (or in this case they are down (from what?))nothing to share, wow, there's a shocker these days. How's the saleries? I do believe I read they went up.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bigcat_hunter

No, actually the main reason for going into Iraq (supposedly) was to remove a dictator, and liberate the people of Iraq. At the same time they were to be given a chance to enjoy Democracy. The by-product of this effort was to be much cheaper oil, or so it was said to us!!![:'(][:'(][:'(][>:][>:][>:]
As an American, I feel like something REALLY LARGE got shoved up my butt, and it hurts like hell!!![:@][>:]
Old 05-26-2008, 07:20 AM

I expect there will be a lot of bicycle riders as time goes by.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

Look at this chart. Do you see the US as being the 3 rd largest of oil producing countries? We don't export any of it, we import the most, and we use the most. What does this tell ya'll? To me it says we are being hosed. My wife sees it as being gluttonous,( the only glutton I see is the greed from the American Oil companies who want to blame everyone and everything but themselves).
We all see things differently and to me that what makes the world go round. It doesn't matter if you are a democrat, republican, independent, man, woman, child,christian, jew, or any other religion for that matter, black, white, brown, or whatever, we are all in the same situation and it's tearing this country apart. We are retired and don't have the expenses a lot of ya'll have. We don't have child care costs, big transportation costs, clothingallowance,and etc.You're the ones I reallyam concerened about.

Spudrow from MO
Top World Oil Producers, Exporters, Consumers, and Importers, 2006
(millions of barrels per day)

Producers1
Total oil
production
Exporters2
Net oil
exports
Consumers4[/size][/color]5
Total oil
consumption
Importers6[color=#990000][size=2]7
Net oil
imports

1. Saudi Arabia
1. Saudi Arabia
1. United States
1. United States

2. Russia
2. Russia
2. China
2. Japan

3. United States
3. Norway
3. Japan
3. China

4. Iran
4. Iran
4. Russia
4. Germany

5. Mexico
5. United Arab Emirates
5. Germany
5. South Korea

6. China
6. Venezuela
6. India
6. France

7. Canada
7. Kuwait
7. Canada
7. India

8. United Arab Emirates
8. Nigeria
8. Brazil
8. Italy

9. Venezuela
9. Algeria
9. South Korea
9. Spain

10. Norway
10. Mexico
10. Saudi Arabia
10. Taiwan

11. Kuwait
11. Libya
11. Mexico

12. Nigeria
12. Iraq
12. France

13. Brazil
13. Angola
13. United Kingdom

14. Iraq
14. Kazakhstan
14. Italy

NOTE: OPEC members in italics.[/align]1. Table includes all countries with total oil production exceeding 2 million barrels per day in 2006. Includes crude oil, natural gas liquids, condensate, refinery gain, and other liquids.[/align]2. Includes all countries with net exports exceeding 1 million barrels per day in 2006.[/align]3. Includes all countries that consumed more than 2 million barrels per day in 2006.[/align]4. Includes all countries that imported more than 1 million barrels per day in 2006.[/align]Source: Energy Information Administration ([/align][/align]
Old 05-26-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

ORIGINAL: dmen

ridgefactor, don't you have a obama rally to atend
Hey dmen, don't you have a spelling bee to "attend"?

Thanks "Early In"..........I would have gotten back to this character earlier but why waste my time. Havea good Memorial Day.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Pointing fingers isn't always wrong. G.W wasn't forced to take the job of one of the most powerful positions in the world and as such he also bears a great deal of responsibility. If he's not the captian of the ship who is?

History will tell but at this time and in this situation he a failure as a leader. A great many peoples lives are being ruined because of his lack of leadership and a handfull of his friends are making record profits, coinsidental or not. He was also the governer of Texas for a number of years. If he doesn't have deep roots in oil, he's an idiot. That is one industry he should have a firm grip on. Another reason he bears a great deal of the blame.

Before I hear some crap about howlittle profits there making comparitively remember this, "profit" is after ALL expenses are paid, all of them, wages, benifits, perks, everything they can think of to spend a penny on. Huge salaries are the cost of doing business and not part of "profits".
Pointing fingers is not wrong...someone needs to be accountable, the fact is, has Bush even raised a hand to reduce the cost of a gallon of gas...NOPE...even getting rid of the gas tax would be a start, at least it would be showing the American people that he is doing something. Even if our own states got rid of the state tax or at least reduced it, it would show the American people that someone did care. It seems like the oil companies just keep on making a ton of money out of this, and by the way oil company profit means nothing to me when oil companyexecutives are pocketing anywhere from 750g to 850G a year, and in some cases alot more. Profit is just what is left over after they have all lined their pockets!
It's a hard lesson we have to learn, some may disagree, but we need and are going to feel some pain. I fully execpt the American Economy to go it a deep recession, and for me to be out of work in 2 years.

Sorry but when thinks get a little tough I do not look to any branch of the goverment for help.

How about when the government is to blame for the tough time? Were not talking about your local factory closing and your out of work, or you suffer a health problem, this is nation wide.

I suppose they should expect to be some of the most pampered people in the country and not have to do the job there put there for. Just what do you think their job is? What are you paying them for? You are hiring them to look out for your interests, not your personal interests, but what's good for the country. When people are out of work, it's not just a tough time, it's in many cases loosing everything they have. These pampered pets don't have that fear in fact they are going to get paiduntill the day they die regardless of how they run the factory. The workers who are out of work will have to continue to make up for their failure to run the business. So many people are good with that.[&o]

Had to bring the poor gay people into this, LOL

Who has bought bigger houses with smaller famlies?

Who has bought bigger cars and travle further?

I keep hearing about these policy, but nobody can name one[&:]
The one I can name is NAFTA and it's killing the midwest.

What i refused to do is play into the Democrats or Republicans hands. Point fingers at one group while the other promises to fix it for me. I know I am only 36, but the above equation has never worked.

What has work is smart people willing to work hard and pay the price have achieved great things.

The biggest issue with my generation is we have not had to pay a price for what we have. It was given to us, we just road the waive. Well it's time to pay, and it's going to hurt. So point all the fingers you want at a group or groups. I am going to work hard and try and sove this issue.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had to bring the poor gay people into this, LOL

Who has bought bigger houses with smaller famlies?

Who has bought bigger cars and travle further?

I keep hearing about these policy, but nobody can name one[&:]
The one I can name is NAFTA and it's killing the midwest.

What i refused to do is play into the Democrats or Republicans hands. Point fingers at one group while the other promises to fix it for me. I know I am only 36, but the above equation has never worked.

What has work is smart people willing to work hard and pay the price have achieved great things.

The biggest issue with my generation is we have not had to pay a price for what we have. It was given to us, we just road the waive. Well it's time to pay, and it's going to hurt. So point all the fingers you want at a group or groups. I am going to work hard and try and sove this issue.
I see all of these posts on the subject of gas, not only this thread but a lot of others even within this forum. There is nothing that is going to be done, in the days to come you will pay 5.00, 6.00 or even 7.00 a gallon and it will be the same old argument, thread after thread, post after post, everyone quoting everyone on every topic. The oil companies say they are making just a small profit after recording record gross sales, (and Uncle Sam has subsidized the oil industry) this is only after all of their overhead gets met and paid, including the big time oil executives salaries 700G or 800G annually plus every perk known to man, and in a lot of cases even more and more. You see I am ranting on an argument that will do me no good to do so. All of us are spoiled and set in our ways when it comes to this oil situation and the ways we consume oil, and the oil companies and the oil suppliers are now going to exploit that.
Just like someone mentioned earlier if ya think 4.00 a gallon is bad pretty soon you are going to have to hit the drug store and get some vaseline...and this is just that way it will be. There will be no rescue from drilling in North Dakota, South Dakota or eastern Montana, or Alaska…What do you think…they will do it for free or they will do it quite a bit cheaper and or gas at the pump will drop 1.25 a gallon (never will happen)….blood has been drawn, and it will not matter if the oil comes from your backyard. High gas prices are here to stay, as Americans we now need to adapt and get used to it somehow, and find alternatives in the future. The bottom line is more or less nothing is going to happen, and it really won’t matter if Obama is in there or McCain…and during all of this our economy will suffer.

Quick Reply: Awesome gas at $4.00

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.