Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 IF Obama Wins.. >

IF Obama Wins..

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

IF Obama Wins..

Old 02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default IF Obama Wins..

And goes on to The Presidency can we officially declare racism over in this Country?

Does he get extra votes for being a minority..like other civil servant type jobs?

Will that practice be abolished?
Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: IF Obama Wins..

Of course it won't be over. There's too much money to be extorted by the Sharptons and the Jacksons and the Farrakhans for them to ever give up on their incitement of racial tensions...
Old 02-29-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Racism exists and nothing about this election will change that. It exists in black people and white people equally.

I actually think that if Obama won it would make the issue more heated, because anyone who criticized his policies (and there would be plenty ) would be accused of being racist. Already, we're seeing the media tiptoe around Obama. They don't want to pose certain questions to him because he's black and they're afraid someone will accuse them of being racist. Clinton's record has been gone over with a much more fine-toothed comb than Obama's for that very reason.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Racism is already extinct in MA and VA; they've had black governors!

Racisim will be over in America if the presidential race sticks to the issues and Obama's race is considered just a statisticaloddity; like Dukakis being of Greek extraction.

Ooops, too late! We missed that opportunity. They are already passing out false rumors about his religion. If he gets the nomination the rumors will be ugly.

If you think racism exists in black people and white people equally try to think about the last time an organized group of black people tried to keep white folks out of their neighborhood. Give up?
Old 02-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Racism is in humanity's blood. Thousands of years of competition and hardship will do that. Obama indirectly brings the issue to light, but very fewmen can change human culture so drastically in only four to eight years. That's not to say he won't somehow make a difference, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know of black neighborhoods white people can't walk through without ending up dead. I know of NO white neighborhoods a black person can't walk through. That's the absolute truth, and it speaks volumes!

Racism won't end until everyone is treated equally. Affirmative action gives blacks an unfair advantage and causes white people to have animosity.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as there is hate there will be racism, sexism, terrorism, ect. The only thing we can do is try and keep it under contol, and by abolishing slavery and segragation, we have been striving to do so.

Am I white? Yes. Am I racist? No. I too have seen a lot of people pulling the race card for many reasons, the number one reason is that they say they are still in bondage as an excuse as to why they aren't more prosperous. Like I sell drugs because I can't get a job.

When you talk about welfare most men are not going to go on welfare white, black, whatever. Women on the other hand say well the dad isn't paying child support I have all these expenses, but bottom line they made the choice to sleep with the guy that didn't have a job, they made the choice to sleep with a guy who was in out of jail for numerous reasons.

So no racism will not go away, a minority can experience everything a white person canin this country and we will still hear outcries of racism.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you equate racism with segregation, the fact thatBHO will get at least 90% of the black vote proves that segregation has never gone away.

If you except the fact thatBHO won primaries in states like Iowa, that are almost all white shows that whites are not the ones doing the segregating.

C. Davis
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougMD

I know of black neighborhoods white people can't walk through without ending up dead. I know of NO white neighborhoods a black person can't walk through. That's the absolute truth, and it speaks volumes!
I do know of neighborhoods where it is dangerous to be black and I do know personally of blacks beaten in white neighborhoods. I guess I know of more neighborhoods than you, huh? I don't know this kid, but check out this recent instance:

http://www.cnn.com/US/9810/19/racial.beating/
Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Around here, Whites certainly don't beat Blacks. They call 911 and let the sheriff's deputies take care of that.

Quick Reply: IF Obama Wins..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.