Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

I was wrong

Old 02-13-2008, 09:53 AM

Default RE: I was wrong

ORIGINAL: etothepii

All in all I don't really think it matters, their policies are the same and people are stupid. I mean, what has Obama ever done? Nothing, but he's a good speaker so I guess that's good enough for the typical uninformed voter... [&o]
Did you see Hannity ask a group of Obama supporters to name one accomplishment of Obama? One by one they stammered, stuttered, and came up with nothing.
Ya, I saw that with the Luntz focus group. It just goes to show that we need LESS people voting in this country. We've got millions of people out there voting that don't even know what the issues are, they just vote for the person that "looks good" or "speaks well." How pathetic!
Old 02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
F3d
Banned

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...51C0A966958260

Good enough accomplishment for me. He also wrote two bestselling books. What did McCain do? Crash planes and graduated last in the Naval Academy?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: F3d

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE2DC1631F935A35751C0A9669582 60

Good enough accomplishment for me. He also wrote two bestselling books. What did McCain do? Crash planes and graduated last in the Naval Academy?
Did you actually read what your post said about Oboma?
Change in Selection System
Mr. Obama was elected after a meeting of the review's 80 editors that convened Sunday and lasted until early this morning, a participant said.
Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.
That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review.
Harvard, like a number of other top law schools, no longer ranks its law students for any purpose including a guide to recruiters.

Blacks at Harvard: New High
Black enrollment at Harvard Law School, after a dip in the mid-1980's, has reached a record high this year, said Joyce Curll, the director of admissions. Of the 1,620 students in the three-year school, 12.5 percent this year are blacks, she said, and 14 percent of the first-year class are black. Nationwide enrollment by blacks in undergraduate colleges has dropped in recent years.
Mr. Obama succeeds Peter Yu, a first-generation Chinese-American, as president of The Law Review. After graduation, Mr. Yu plans to serve as a clerk for Chief Judge Patricia Wald on the of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Mr. Yu said Mr. Obama's election ''was a choice on the merits, but others may read something into it.''
Old 02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

or black muslim
good gawd ...... HE'S NOT BLACK !
What is he? Purple?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Banned

ipscshooter he's a white man, riased by white people in an almost entirely non-black state witha non-black name. What do you think he is and why ?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If Clinton and Obama are deadlocked going into the convention and somehow Clinton gets nominated how many blacks do you think will be turned off and decide not to vote at all in the general election? I am sure there will be plenty. In fact MORE than conservatives who are threatening not to vote for McCain. Skin color does make a difference to many people be they black or white. People won't admit it, but it comes into play big time. When push comes to shove in the general election even many liberal whites would be pulling the lever for McCain over Obama. The country is not ready to give the presidency to a black man with a very short track record to go by to see what he is all about. Just won't happen.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: F3d

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C0CE2DC1631F935A35751C0A9669582 60

Wow! malign a vet and POW. That takes guts around here. As far as Obama's accomplishments as a lawyer ... he's still a lawyer. Scum.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ipscshooter he's a white man, riased by white people in an almost entirely non-black state witha non-black name. What do you think he is and why ?
He is half-white and half-black. If he chooses to call himself black, then that is what he is. Case closed in my opinion.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steve863

He is half-white and half-black. If he chooses to call himself black, then that is what he is. Case closed in my opinion.
My name is Welsh. I suppose I could call myself Welsh, even though I'm probably only a small % Welsh.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

Skin color does make a difference to many people be they black or white. People won't admit it, but it comes into play big time.
I thought that wasn't allowed in the US ?

I can call myself a black man too .......... doesn't mean its true

Quick Reply: I was wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.