Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Assault weapons? >

Assault weapons?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Assault weapons?

Old 01-25-2008, 11:55 PM

Default Assault weapons?

Anyone see where Huckabee tripped up the Ma. governor last night?

This led me into some research on Mitts gun record,not real good.
He stated this when he signed the permanent assault weapons ban

"These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

Yep right out of Ted Kennedy's handbook.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:12 AM

Default RE: Assault weapons?

can someone please explain the logic of banning firearms? laws meant to punish lawbreaker??? makes no friggan sense. Lawful citizens will be disarmed while the criminals remained armed.....

humans are naturally violent creatures if every gun maker in the country were put out of business, imports haulted and every weaponed owned confiscated, the black market would supply gangs, gangs would supply criminals and the law abidding citizen is left on the short end of the stick. When response time for police takes up to 20 minutes or more in some places why should people feel as though they are completely protected? police cant always be there to help you... there may come a time when you have to protect yourself/family, how can you do that when you cant even legally own a stun gun or pepper spray in some places none the less a firearm.... its ridiclous

this comes at a time when states are trying to make body armor illegal for citizens to own....

yeah makes perfect sense.

MORONS!!!

good for Huckabee hes been my choice since the get go... too bad my vote doesnt count ...Deleted by CalHunter... NY!!!!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

"laws meant to punish lawbreaker???"

You have to look at where Romney is coming from. MA is a well known criminal coddling state.Only flaming anti-gun liberals get elected governor in MA.Look at that Dukaikas disaster and Fat Butt Weld.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Badger Boy

can someone please explain the logic of banning firearms? laws meant to punish lawbreaker??? makes no friggan sense. Lawful citizens will be disarmed while the criminals remained armed.....

humans are naturally violent creatures if every gun maker in the country were put out of business, imports haulted and every weaponed owned confiscated, the black market would supply gangs, gangs would supply criminals and the law abidding citizen is left on the short end of the stick. When response time for police takes up to 20 minutes or more in some places why should people feel as though they are completely protected? police cant always be there to help you... there may come a time when you have to protect yourself/family, how can you do that when you cant even legally own a stun gun or pepper spray in some places none the less a firearm.... its ridiclous

this comes at a time when states are trying to make body armor illegal for citizens to own....

yeah makes perfect sense.

MORONS!!!

good for Huckabee hes been my choice since the get go... too bad my vote doesnt count ...Deleted by CalHunter... NY!!!!
[hr]
Maybe Adolf Hitler or Stalin can explain the logic of banning firearms. Did you ever take notice the high profile people yapping about banning firearms have armed body guards protecting them. I guess it's because thier life is just somuch more important than the rest of ours.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats one thing I dont like about Romney is his stance on guns, but I still believe he is a better choice the Huckabee. Romney has great economic policys and with the way the we are struggling a it would be a much needed help. I think the reason Romneys stance on guns doesnt bother me as much as say the same stance with a democrat is I dont think Romney will pursue the issue like a dem would. He would more than likely just forget about it as soon as he is elected.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: falcon

"laws meant to punish lawbreaker???"

You have to look at where Romney is coming from. MA is a well known criminal coddling state.Only flaming anti-gun liberals get elected governor in MA.Look at that Dukaikas disaster and Fat Butt Weld.
sorry it was late when i posted, just mean to briefly state the fact that these gunlaws are created to prevent criminals (people who have no problem breaking the law) from legally obtaining firearms... when chances are they are still obtaining them from less than legal sources.I mean come on now... those guys with the ak-47s in hollywood didnt buy them at a local gander mt. All that extra paperwork and BATF tax just restrict the law abidding and not nessicarily the criminal. Not saying the full autos should be available everywhere but would sure like one lol
Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: huntingbuddy419

Thats one thing I dont like about Romney is his stance on guns, but I still believe he is a better choice the Huckabee. Romney has great economic policys and with the way the we are struggling a it would be a much needed help. I think the reason Romneys stance on guns doesnt bother me as much as say the same stance with a democrat is I dont think Romney will pursue the issue like a dem would. He would more than likely just forget about it as soon as he is elected.
A Romney administration with a democrat controlled legislature would be devastating.
Romney would sign every gun law they could write. JMO
Old 01-26-2008, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you should be more worried about what happens with the DC gun ban case and what the supreme court decides. I think that will have biggest influence on guns in America. If the ban is ruled unconstitutional and reversed and crime goes down then that will be the biggest help to the gun lobby. It would put to rest the gun control lobbys argument that more guns equal more crime. IMO I think a healthy economey is worth more than a few gun bills.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:39 AM

while it is important to think about a president that (says) he wants to do x, y and z to help the economy, you realistically have to look at what he is likely to do once elected. I dont believethat wecan just think about the economy and gamble the 2nd amendment. It will be the determining factor for ou survival, be it from criminals, power hungry governemnt, or foriegn invasion.

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto - “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.” is this true today? barely will it be true decades from now? that decision rests on our shoulders, doesnt it?

the economy is very important but let us not be so ready tosacrafice our bill of rights for it. after all, the economy will almost certainly recover to some degree but once we sign away our rights.... i dont think well get them back
Old 01-26-2008, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: smalljaw

"These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.”

That's interesting b/c I never killed anyone with my AR 15. Guess i'm not really using it for what it is made for. I should probably sell it to some bloods or crypts. What pisses me off is when i bought the gun the guy who sold it to me never told me i was supposed to kill people with it. Gosh!

Quick Reply: Assault weapons?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.