Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 would you vote for a woman >

would you vote for a woman

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

would you vote for a woman

Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 AM

Default would you vote for a woman

just to make this clear I'm not talking about Hillary Clinton!!!!! lets say she had a good voting recored in the senate and she believed in the 2nd amendment. i was just wondering because their are allot of older men 50+ in my area that said they wouldn't just because shes a woman. in my opinion that isn't right . who's to say she wouldn't do better then what we have had in the last 20 years. the amount of time iv been voting.remember I'm not talking about Clinton. anyways just wanted to here your opinion on the subject.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: would you vote for a woman

If she is qualified and the best for the job, you bet. I have no problem with sex or race. I want the best candidate, period.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, if she were a good woman.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last woman I voted for walked around with a wee bench over her head....
Old 01-08-2008, 11:02 AM

at the moment i don't think anyone is gonna have to make that choice this year...
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

You mean vote for someone like Kay Bailly Hutchinson, Margaret Thatcher, Jean Kirkpatrick? Sure, why not? The gender is not the key, it is the principles and the positions. Frankly a woman may bring some things to the table that a man is more challenged to provide. I think that a lot of good governance involves teaching and educating, building concensus rather than pushing down the trail all lone. I think a woman may have some natural advantages for these things relative to men.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no problem with women being in positions of power. My wife makes more money than I do and reminds me of that daily. I got no problem with that.

But there would be a big difference between a female leading the state department, or a female vice president: The Middle East. I think back to 9/11, when we were faced with a need to build a coalition of support to invade Afghanistan. A lot of that support included Middle Eastern countries that basically despise women unless they're in their proper place under a veil and in the home. Can you imagine if we'd had a female president in the aftermath of 9/11? Would a female president have had the guts to make the calls that needed to be made? Could she have worked successfully with the leaders of Pakistan and Turkey?

God help us that the Middle East doesn't have to play such a big role in the next 8 years, but you never know.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Margaret Thatcher
Yes.
Old 01-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Ann Coulter for President!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes I would vote for a woman president.

Ann Coulter, would make a fine president!

Quick Reply: would you vote for a woman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.