Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Student Denied Edu. Degree Over MySpace Page; Sues College >

Student Denied Edu. Degree Over MySpace Page; Sues College

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Student Denied Edu. Degree Over MySpace Page; Sues College

Old 04-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Student Denied Edu. Degree Over MySpace Page; Sues College

School sued over MySpace photo response

In other words, the college feels that any student who poses in a Halloween costume with a plastic cup and a caption that reads "Drunken Pirate" is not fit to educate our nation's children.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Student Denied Edu. Degree Over MySpace Page; Sues College

This is why I've always spoke out against MySpace and FaceBook pages. I have neither and so many people always ask me why. Well, stuff like this is why. I just don't understand why people broadcast their most embarrassing moments on the internet like it's some kind of trophy. Serves her stupid ass right...
Old 04-29-2007, 05:21 AM
Dominant Buck

The photo was taken at a time when she was drinking as a legal adult of 25, and therefore didn't promote underage drinking, the school deserves to be sued just for invading her privacy. Getting a normal police or FBI background check is one thing, snooping someone's MySpace page and ruining their career before it even begins is wrong. It's none of the school's business what she does in her off time if she isn't breaking the law.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Dominant Buck

The bad side of the internet to be sure.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:18 AM

Now that is the kind of thing this country stands for. Has anyone noticed how large corporations, colleges, school systems and other organizations tend to use their power to manipulate and reprimand people in a way that is not very ethical. One might even venture to say unconstitutional. I don't know. Sometimes things are taken too far. Where do you draw the line between the rights and integrity of such organizations and the rights of those associated with them. Some could argue that a college, for instance, can impose its own rules and take courses of action if it so wishes. But then again, we have aminimum wage and workplace standards. Shouldn't a business owner be able to conduct a private business in whatever way that person so chooses? I don't know the answers, just thinking and asking questions. Does a college reserve the right to prevent students from exercising their rights, and have legal reenforcement in doing so?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, these types of social networking sites are a big problem for people who can't shut up about themselves. We all give away little pieces of ourselves online, within reason, but sometimes the combination of kids and young adults with MySpaceleads tostory after story of people bullied, threatened, abused, fired, reprimanded, ostracized, etc. It is certainly possible to know too many people. Rather, to be known by too many people.

But again, this unfortunate woman seemed to be engaged in normal, social college behavior. Regardless of the issue of alcohol and youth, the college really has no legitimate concern that would warrant an revocation and reissuing of a degree. I don't know the case specifics or law, but I wouldn't be suprised to see the college fall on its face because of this crap.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:08 PM

Yea, these people like to get all high and mighty about themselves, raise you hand if you had some alcoholic teachers in school. I can name 5 or 6 right off the top of my head.
Old 04-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Dominant Buck

This is crap.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

"This is crap."

X2

Old 04-29-2007, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I use facebook to talk to friends all my pics are of random things... Like my raccoon pic

Quick Reply: Student Denied Edu. Degree Over MySpace Page; Sues College

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.