Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Crazy Environmentalists >

Crazy Environmentalists

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Crazy Environmentalists

Old 03-15-2007, 07:29 PM

Default Crazy Environmentalists

"Environmentalist -- that sounds like someone who lives naked in a tree and eats nuts with the big nose ring. But when you say, 'I want protect the places where you like to hunt, camp and fish' well, you bet [voters are] for that."

-- Montana Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D), quoted by the National Journal.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Crazy Environmentalists

Hunters and outdoor sportsmen types are conservationists, not environmentalists.

An environmentalist hunter would be kind of a like a minority KKK sympathizer.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

MY dictionary defines ENVIRONMENTALIST...2:One concerned with the quality of the human environment...

And so I am one. If you are not an "environmentalist" then you are NOT concerned with the quallity of the human environment.

And that would mean you are one of those who are polluting the air or the water or destroying the land base.

Now sometimes people have some sort of cause they fight for and they like to wrongly call themselves "environmentalists" And sometimes we disagree with someones views and we wrongly call them "environmentalists" and use the term as an insult.

Robin
Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 PM

I consider myself an environmentalist as in I see the economic, social and intrinsic values of nautral ecosystems and wildlife and feel that we should be stewards of the environment. There is a place for preservation as well as conservation, neither should be considered a bad word. Animal rights zealots and tree hugging hippies classify as ideological nutcases in my book and I don't let them tarnish the concept of environmentalism.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I, As well as most hunters and fishermen I think, are deeply concerned about both the environment and conservation as I see the two closely linked. The press often uses the terms to loosely.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mizzouhunter

"Environmentalist -- that sounds like someone who lives naked in a tree and eats nuts with the big nose ring. But when you say, 'I want protect the places where you like to hunt, camp and fish' well, you bet [voters are] for that."

__________________________________________________ _____________

First....I am a conservationist. Al Gore is an "enviromentalist"
Teddy Roosevelt was a conservationist.
Second. the second sentance would be a lie....since most enviro whackos
are only using you until theyDON'T need your support anymore.Then they will come after YOUR hobby to abolish it(RE hunting)!
Old 03-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

This is the definition most people watching the news today would think of. People, politicians specifically,must be very careful to use exactly the right words to convey their message to a particular audience. Environmentalist creates the image of a deadlock-wearing hippy lying down in front of a bulldozer, or chaining him/herself to a tree. We see it in the news constantly. Hippies and Al Gore. That's environmentalism is this day and age.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's a vast difference between folks who are concerned about the environment and those who are obsessed with minute parts of the picture, i.e. hunting, forestation/de-forestation, fur use, etc....
Hunters for the most part see the bigger picture, ... needing some clearcutting, being careful about sensitive areas of the globe, wilderness areas, etc.

The nut jobs we often think of when we view the word "environmentalist" in a bad light are the "environ-wackos" or "environ-terrorists" who drive animals with drums, attack and damage factories, etc

We as hunters for darn sure ought to be concerned with the environment.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Aught Six.

An environmentalist hunter would be kind of a like a minority KKK sympathizer.

that statement right there is funny, I don't care you are.

It is not correct though. I would say that generally, true hunters arevery concerned about environment issues and would even side with some of enviro-whacko's on regular basis on land use policy...although most of us wouldn't chain ourselves to trees.....wisely.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm telling you, Joe Q. Public has little idea what makes environuts ticks, and even less about what makes hunters tick. We need to associate ourselves with powerful labels very cautiously.

Quick Reply: Crazy Environmentalists

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.