Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 the law is the law!!!???!!?!! >

the law is the law!!!???!!?!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

the law is the law!!!???!!?!!

Old 09-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default the law is the law!!!???!!?!!

i didnt write this but found alot of truth to this.

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments"are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American public's best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the "US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday & Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be"politically correct"
In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays(initially set aside for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....
What do you all think????

i for one will stand strong that god should not be banned because a select fewdont believewhen 80%+ people DO believe in him and he has been a part of america since the begining without problems.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks i'll step down off my soap box now.
Jeff S.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: the law is the law!!!???!!?!!

Makes sense to me.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:22 PM

alot of truth in that...

-Travis-
Old 09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i for one will stand strong that god should not be banned because a select fewdont believewhen 80+ people DO believe in him
I presume theres suppose to be a % sign after that 80+?

But thats not my real question.

How can the the goverment ban whats in ppls minds& hearts?(god is a him?)

But i dont see the goverment banning those holidays or persons praying.

What i do see is "PC"- where the minorty whats to overrule& restictthe majority threw law& legislation in public/goverment places.

I wouldnt mind at all if the goverment did away with those holidays- as payed work days at all. I think it would save billions of tax dollarson a federal level.
( there are real jobs out there that must be done 365- 24/7 every day reguardless)

And it would not really interfear or be a banning ofanyones beliefs.

While there at it i think the goverment can do away with money& tax break rewards for married ppls. Money rewards& paper dont make ppl moral.

For that small precent who dont believe in a god - i will not presume theyare any less including moraly then those who do.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Fork Horn

knightia--you wrote--I wouldnt mind at all if the goverment did away with those holidays- as payed work days at all. I think it would save billions of tax dollarson a federal level.
( there are real jobs out there that must be done 365- 24/7 every day reguardless)

i just retired (for health reasons) from a job that was 365-24/7. we got no holidays-they were just like any other day, no holiday pay, no nothing for missing the holidays with our families. funny thing about that--all the supervisors got holidays and holiday pay if they worked on them. and they wonder why guys leave!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine would be for all Bill - including the big hats.
And we can do away with any laws passed by lawmakers that dont apply to them to. And those voting/giving themself payraises &raiseing our taxes to pay for them.And they should be reminded who it is that pays them& who they work for.The ppl they work for will decide if there worthy of a raise.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:26 PM

The law is the law, unless of course it doesn't fit in with what they want to do.

What a bunch of pocket-picking, lying, thieving, politicians!
Old 09-16-2006, 12:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: cameronmclain

The law is the law, unless of course it doesn't fit in with what they want to do.

Yeah, and I'll bet you vote for one come election time
Old 09-17-2006, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

That one made me laugh out loud. That kind of defines many people's perception of what a politician is. The sad part about it is we try to vote for the best of the worst....Hehehehehe
Today is going to be a great day especially when I get a chuckle like this first thing...Thanks