Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 It's About Time: More Troops On The Border >

It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

Old 03-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060309/ap_on_re_us/border_troops;_ylt=AsswHutxpkWbEF8HVZ.7mqas0NUE;_y lu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

PHOENIX - Gov. Janet Napolitano on Wednesday ordered more National Guardsmen posted at the Mexican border to help stop illegal immigrants and curb related crimes.
It's somewhat encouraging to see governors doing what the federal government won't. Napolitano knows that she can't ignore theissue any longer. What's holding up the rest of the friggin' country?

A few more National Guard units won't solve the problems of illegal immigration and international terrorism, but it's at least a start. Schwarzenegger, Richardson and Perry need to hear from their constituents.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:42 AM

Default RE: It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

They ought to line the border with some of the hands from the King Ranch. That will stem part of the illegal immigration!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm not an authority on the Posse Commitatus , but shouldn't the states have been doing this from the start ? Why even rely on federal troops when you have Natl. Guard troops at your disposal ? BTW , I approve of such use of the NG .
Old 03-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Illegal immigration has become such a huge problem that governments at the federal, state and local levels should be using every asset available to protect our borders. To be honest, I'm not really concerned about border insecurity from a terrorism standpoint, I'm more worried about it from an overpopulation/welfare cost standpoint.

Either way, I don't care how or why we batten down the hatches, just as long as we do.

3 words that I want to hear an American President say before I die: Shoot On Sight.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:23 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

They ought to line the border with some of the hands from the King Ranch. That will stem part of the illegal immigration!
If that were to happen, the King Ranch would likely wind up under new (Mexican) management. At least one fellow lost his property to ILLEGAL immigrants. Why they are even allowed to sue is beyond me. I was watching a news program not long ago where it was reported that land owners on the border are afraid to do anything about the illegals (and their trash) for fear of lawsuits, and the illegals know it.

Chad
Old 03-09-2006, 09:45 AM

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
3 words that I want to hear an American President say before I die: Shoot On Sight.
Quik- we disagree on a lot of things, but this is not one of them. I have never heard more wisdom on a thread. I take back all the things I said about you. j/k
Old 03-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Shoot On Sight.
I see a similarity in one way and polar opposites in another if we were to take this stance.

Shooting on sight for a border violation would put us right there with Communist Russia at the Berlin Wall.

The reason for the shooting would be an opposite thoughwe would be shooting them for entering while the Russians shot them for leaving.

Would we not be better off emulating the Berlin Wall at least with concertina wire and heavy patrols instead of just picking them off?
Old 03-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Would we not be better off emulating the Berlin Wall at least with concertina wire and heavy patrols instead of just picking them off?
The wire, dogs and patrols didn't work with 100% efficiency in Berlin. I doubt it would be much different here. We need to make it crystal clear to illegal aliens, organized criminals and terrorists that we're not compromising on national security. Identify yourselves or we will assume the worst.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

The wire, dogs and patrols didn't work with 100% efficiency in Berlin. I doubt it would be much different here. We need to make it crystal clear to illegal aliens, organized criminals and terrorists that we're not compromising on national security. Identify yourselves or we will assume the worst.
No , it wouldn't work 100% , but between the razor ribbons , nasty dogs , nice cheap landmines , and a few drunken rednecks with newly issued "licenses" I'll bet it would cut the flood to a trickle !
Old 03-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

No , it wouldn't work 100% , but between the razor ribbons , nasty dogs , nice cheap landmines , and a few drunken rednecks with newly issued "licenses" I'll bet it would cut the flood to a trickle !
Don't get me wrong--I'm all for a wall manned with armed military personnel. We need overwhelming force in order to stop the people breaking in to America.

Quick Reply: It's About Time: More Troops On The Border

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.