Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Beer vs. Weed >

Beer vs. Weed

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Beer vs. Weed

Old 12-16-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Beer vs. Weed

I was just curious if there would be lesscasualtiesif weed was legalized in America? Does anyone feel this would reduce the accidents caused from the only legal drug alchol. If I am not mistaken alchol is the number one death relateddrug in Americas domestic and vehicle homoside.I believe the casualties would drop an enourmous amount if weed was legalized.But I think the alchol companies are against it cause the sales of alchol would also decrease a large amount. Anyones thoughts on this subject.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Beer vs. Weed

Yes and no. Weed still impairs a person to the point where they are NOT safe to drive, just like alcohol. I don't think I've ever heard of a couple arguing when both were stoned on weed so it might cause a little bit less domestic violence. Hard to say about whether legalized marijuana would reduce DV as you'd still have the same old leftover argument about all the rent money being spent on weed (instead of alcohol and cigarettes).
Old 12-17-2005, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no research to back my feelings about this, only a basic understanding of human nature. I think that if weed were to be legalized, accidents may actually increase because those using the weed would be more likely to use alcohol in conjunction with the weed. Very little of anything I have read correlates accidents with drug and alcohol use, if alcohol is even a minor factor in an incident it is played up. I do see arrest reports where alcohol use and drug possesion are cited, but I believe that the testing required to determine drug usetakes too long to determine for the average reportto get intothe local paper. If such research is available, perhaps it should be published beyond the professional journals.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Driving involves infrequent encounters with situations that require dexterity, timing, and rather fast reactions. Failure to provide all of the above results in injuries, property damage, and sometimes death.

You want smoke dope or drink till you get a "buzz"??? Fine. Just stay off the highways that my loved ones and I use.

Its always amazing to me how people can rationalize the stupidity of driving impaired, especially adults. One of the defining moments for an ex hunting partner of mine was when he casually told me tales of drinking with a friend of his while driving..."but just three beers each." He also figured that if he "was willing to pay the price" if he got caught, that somehow made it okay, that somehow "taking responsibility" for what might happen made it okay. It was the beginning of the end of our relationship because I cannot respect anyone that would risk the lives of others for his or her entertainment behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Driving "buzzed" is drunk driving. Driving "high" is no different. A discussion of which of the two is apt to produce the larger number of accidents is an excercise in idiocy.

Old 12-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally don't see how legalizing marijuana would cause a decrease in alcohol-related casualties. That's hard to visualize.

However, in terms of impairedness that they cause, marijuana is no worse than alcohol. They both should be prohibited by law, IMHO.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: BenGarrett

I personally don't see how legalizing marijuana would cause a decrease in alcohol-related casualties. That's hard to visualize.

However, in terms of impairedness that they cause, marijuana is no worse than alcohol. They both should be prohibited by law, IMHO.

What do you know that we don't BenGarret? Or did you forget that marijane is allready prohibited,other than medical reasons. I know that it mellows lot's of people out and don't make them as rowdy as alchol does.I would say the ones who would no about it's affect and compare the casualties to alcholwould be the citizens of Amsterdam. I am glad your not in the big white house with the fence around it. We would be liveing in a communist country. Baseball,hotdogs and beer isto america,the same as apple pie.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Using any mind altering drug and then driving is a disaster waiting to happen. I think Making weed legal would just make matters worse. Why have two mind altering drugs legal? As someone else has said, they will just use both then.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:06 PM

Whenever a discussion comes up about the pros and cons of drugs, etc., I remember the time Bill Cosby asked someone what was so great about cocaine. They responded that it enhanced your personality to which Bill asked,

"What if you're an *******?"
Old 12-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: vital shooter

What do you know that we don't BenGarret?
I'm not sure I know anything that you don't. Do you have a point?

Or did you forget that marijane is allready prohibited,other than medical reasons.
Oh, yeah. I had forgotten that. Thanks for reminding me.

I am glad your not in the big white house with the fence around it. We would be liveing in a communist country.
Now I'm not sure I'm following your line of deduction here, but I understand you to either be saying that only communists would attempt to prohibit alcohol or attempting to prohibit alcohol makes one a communist. Either statementis a pretty ridiculous stretch, wouldn't you say?

If it makes you feel any better, if I was in the big white house with the fence around it, I would try to persuade Congress to prohibit cigarettes as well.
Old 12-18-2005, 06:21 AM

This thread is rediculous IMHO. Obvioulsy, vital shooter is a pothead. There is no reasoning with a drug addict or a drunk.

Quick Reply: Beer vs. Weed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.