Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Sad Day In Can

Old 03-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sad Day In Can

over something as senseless as pot.... that's sad. 4 lives lost for nothing... stopping that operation changed nothing in the big picture...just left 4 families at a loss. It's just as well that the shooter saved the taxpayers $$ by eliminating the need for a trial. As for 4 getting whacked..they screwed up. I see maybe 2 getting bushwacked, but all 4 makes me believe they were careless and unprofessional, or poorly trained... if there'd been 5 officers there that day... you'd be attending FIVE funerals.. This is a tragic event that COULD...no... SHOULD have been avoided. I see a man getting the drop on 1 or 2, but not all 4........even if he was armed with an AK or 16...........
Old 03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Wow I cant believe some one would look at this post and be such an ignorant idiot but Mr. Rem1100 you are that idiot. I think it is with all things before you open your mouth or in this case your keyboard, gain a little knowledge or a little understanding about the coments you make. A man opend fire with a assault style rifle on 4 young fully trained and carefull RCMP while they waited for a warrant to sieze the pot. Officers were able to return fire, but a 40cal compaired to a scoped assault rifle is no comparison. Shame on you for your comments.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Inactive

Spotlight :

Inarticulate, insensitive boors such as Rem1100 do not warrant a reply!! Most of our friends south of the border have expressed their condolences. They have done this with sensitivity and understanding, and as a retired member of the RCMP i would like to thank them very much.

By the way Spotlight, the members now carry 9mm s&w'

Reg. #22870
Old 03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Dominant Buck

I am retierd from Sheriff Dept.
You're Welcome, X-Mountie
Old 03-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hey X-Mount have not seen you around at all. Hope all is well, I did not know that they were carying the 9mm. Our ESU guys cary the 9, we all cary the 40. And yes at the memorial there were representitives from the Michigan border patrol, State police and other law enforcement agencies local to the Michigan area. Was a nice memorial, hope the last one I have to attend in my carreer
Old 03-11-2005, 11:01 AM
Inactive

Spotlight:

Missed you a few times around the boards, nice to talk to you again.

How's your Dad doing?? Tell him i said HI!!

Reading the paper today they said there were officers from all over, Texas to Northern Canada, and from Coast to Coast. They even mentioned LaSalle, was that or would that have been home ??

Anyway - take care and will talk to you later !!

Gary