Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Ontario Checkstations? >

Ontario Checkstations?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Ontario Checkstations?

Old 03-02-2004, 06:13 AM

Default Ontario Checkstations?

Just curious how far you have to drive to check your turkeys in this spring? Our local checkstation isn`t open this year and it looks like we`ll have to drive almost 20-25 miles. I have a feeling that alot of birds won`t get checked because guys don`t want to drive that far.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:59 AM

Default RE: Ontario Checkstations?

Why don't they get with it and do it digital, with say some photos and a report one could file online. Do any jurisdictions do this?
Old 03-03-2004, 06:14 AM

Isn't it mandatory to have the birds Checked regardless of your drive?
AL
Old 03-03-2004, 10:04 AM

It is mandatory but I`ll bet only 65% of the birds around here are checked in. If they make us drive 25-30 miles very few will be checked. Remember enforcement is busy with the start of fishing season. In all my years of turkey hunting I`ve never seen a C.O.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:05 PM

I'm not in ontario and i don't hunt turkeys but i don't think drivin 25 miles to get a turkey check once a year is bad at all. personally i would be thankful thats all i had to drive. just my opinion.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:54 PM

[] 25 miles.....yeah some will not but we all dont live next door to a check in[]
Old 03-07-2004, 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Turk_man

It is mandatory but I`ll bet only 65% of the birds around here are checked in. If they make us drive 25-30 miles very few will be checked. Remember enforcement is busy with the start of fishing season. In all my years of turkey hunting I`ve never seen a C.O.

Well i've seen the CO's out checking during turkey season in the Oshawa/Uxbridge area....I go checked.........living in Brampton now & hunting close to Brampton I too have a LONG drive to a check station!!!!!!! Oh well.....that's all part of it....speaking of check stations....does onyone have a list for 2004???? Curious as to whether or not there have been any added?????? Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 03-07-2004, 05:31 PM

Ive never been turkey hunting before, but I would love to go. I live in Peterborough, Ontario..anyone wanna hook me up?
Old 03-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

Brampton Mike ,

I believe if you go to the O.F.A.H. site they have the list for 2004.

Tim
Old 03-07-2004, 07:05 PM

The OFAH sites list is incorrect. It states that the Rainbow Cafe in Port Hope is a checkstation but I know they are not doing it this year.

Quick Reply: Ontario Checkstations?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.