HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Other Areas (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas-29/)
-   -   Ontario Checkstations? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/other-areas/54709-ontario-checkstations.html)

Turk_man 03-02-2004 06:13 AM

Ontario Checkstations?

Just curious how far you have to drive to check your turkeys in this spring? Our local checkstation isn`t open this year and it looks like we`ll have to drive almost 20-25 miles. I have a feeling that alot of birds won`t get checked because guys don`t want to drive that far.

Ossage 03-03-2004 01:59 AM

RE: Ontario Checkstations?

Why don't they get with it and do it digital, with say some photos and a report one could file online. Do any jurisdictions do this?

littleal 03-03-2004 06:14 AM

Isn't it mandatory to have the birds Checked regardless of your drive?
AL

Turk_man 03-03-2004 10:04 AM

It is mandatory but I`ll bet only 65% of the birds around here are checked in. If they make us drive 25-30 miles very few will be checked. Remember enforcement is busy with the start of fishing season. In all my years of turkey hunting I`ve never seen a C.O.

Hiawatha 03-04-2004 12:05 PM

I'm not in ontario and i don't hunt turkeys but i don't think drivin 25 miles to get a turkey check once a year is bad at all. personally i would be thankful thats all i had to drive. just my opinion.

bambikiller6 03-04-2004 07:54 PM

[:o] 25 miles.....yeah some will not but we all dont live next door to a check in[:o]

Brampton Mike 03-07-2004 05:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Turk_man

It is mandatory but I`ll bet only 65% of the birds around here are checked in. If they make us drive 25-30 miles very few will be checked. Remember enforcement is busy with the start of fishing season. In all my years of turkey hunting I`ve never seen a C.O.

Well i've seen the CO's out checking during turkey season in the Oshawa/Uxbridge area....I go checked.........living in Brampton now & hunting close to Brampton I too have a LONG drive to a check station!!!!!!! Oh well.....that's all part of it....speaking of check stations....does onyone have a list for 2004???? Curious as to whether or not there have been any added?????? Brampton Mike [8D]

Joe_148 03-07-2004 05:31 PM

Ive never been turkey hunting before, but I would love to go. I live in Peterborough, Ontario..anyone wanna hook me up?:D

Timbrhuntr 03-07-2004 06:01 PM

Brampton Mike ,

I believe if you go to the O.F.A.H. site they have the list for 2004.

Tim

Turk_man 03-07-2004 07:05 PM

The OFAH sites list is incorrect. It states that the Rainbow Cafe in Port Hope is a checkstation but I know they are not doing it this year.