Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 wholesale sports sucks (gotta vent) >

wholesale sports sucks (gotta vent)

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

wholesale sports sucks (gotta vent)

Old 02-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default wholesale sports sucks (gotta vent)

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I'm sick of dealing with these clows! It seems like anytime I want to buy something, no one there cares! They would rather talk to each other behind the counter or "old hunting buddies" than help paying customers. This has happened way too many times and the last time I was there I walked out pi$$ed, because it seemed like it was too much trouble for the salesman to see a couple of knives in the display case. Anyone else in Alberta have this problem? I'm buying all my stuff from Russels or off the net for now on.[:@][:@][:@]JDinAB
Old 02-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: wholesale sports sucks (gotta vent)

JD believe me you got it good. I have only dealt with Wholesale sports over the phone or by mail and was very satisfied with their service. I have dealt with Lebaron through the mail on the phone and in person. Each way leaves a lot to be desired.
Here is an example. I went to the store one day went to the back counter where the scopes and reloading supplies are. My buddy was checking out a scope. A young clerk asked if I needed anything. I replied that I would like a box of 30 cal, 150 gr, Nosler balistic tip bullets.Which were clearly in view right behind the clerk. He replied " we do not sell ammunition at this counter you must go to the front counter". I then said I do not want ammunition I just wanted the little lead things that go on the end. Sorry sir we do not sell ammunition at this counter. My buddy was killing himself as he saw I was about to loose it. I managed to remain calm and said well I didn't really need them instead just give me a box of those things behind you. To which he gave me the box I was pointing to and said that the front counter would be pleased to serve me and would more than likley have the bullets that I wanted. I thanked him and paid for my purchase and have never gone back.
I don't know where they hire these people. When I was a young lad I would have given my right *** to work in a store like that. I would have known every piece of merchandise in the store in a week. This moron didn't even know the difference between bullets and loaded ammo and it was his department. I only get to that store once or twice a year and I knew the layout better than their employees. That is a sad state of affairs.
Old 02-20-2004, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

I gave up on wholesale years ago.Russells has given me good service and a smaller shop http://www.bashawsports.com/ has given the best service recently.They may not have the biggest selection but they do know their business and have given me very good deals.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:41 AM

I'm counting the days until Bass pro comes too. I hope they can make a go of it, past experience of US stores in this market are not encouraging. I don't think there begins to be the volume of outdoor business in TO to support this store. It will blow up everyone, and then close down. Be prepared for a bunch of good good closing sales, both the competition and Bass Pro.

We do have some good archery and gun dealers on Ontario, LeBarons I haven't been to in years. I used to go, because they were so cheap. But since they opened the new store, I haven't bothered to go back.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2004, 01:05 PM

I think when BassPro comes to Toronto, customer service will either improve at the other stores or they won`t get my business. I am lucky because atleast we have Quinte Outdoor Sports and they`ve always provided great service.
Old 02-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-21-2004, 06:30 PM

Jd i am with ya 100%.....What a waist of lumber and steel that building was. 80% of the employees in there are kids, which i don't have a problem with but get some with a little more on the ball. I have been there several times patiently waiting at the counter for ammo while 2 employees are back there talking about their weekend rather than helpin the customer. I tell ya them people are as useless as tits on a tomcat. Now not all of them are like this but a few of them need a boot. And the pirces and selection in the place are God aweful. I was in the Calgary store around Christmas and all the had for trail cams was one model that cost 600 dollars. The store here in saskatoon recently got into trapping equipment which i found quite interesting because the same traps i buy in ontario cost 15 dollars more in saskatoon. I buy the bare minimum at that place usually a few boxes of ammo a year and some scent stuff.
Old 02-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guys I have to agree Wholesale leave a lot to be desired and in Saskatoon it is sad but they get a lot of business by default (no real competition). I think the root of the problem is the bottomline with this crew, they pay staff peanuts(so hard to keep anybody who is good) and only stock items they purchase in bulk at the retailer show(late season release products will never be found on Wholesale shelves, also when they run out of stock that is it until next years buy) These are all not great for customers, as such I buy as little as possible from them preferring to either deal with a smaller shop or over the phone/net.

Quick Reply: wholesale sports sucks (gotta vent)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.