Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Well guys leaving right now for the mirage caribou should be there I will have my wife keep all of you guys posted good luck to everyone
Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

The carribou are in... I just talked to my husband a little while ago and he said that as of today, they are only about 50 miles from the mirrage! They saw alot of them. He also said there is only about a foot of snow or a little less.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:53 PM

I was wonder if we need to reserve a helicopter if we going the 23 of nov to get to the bou? Do you think they will be able to get down south to mirage area at this time? This is our first time up there and probably only time so we like to bag at least a few on them.

thanks for the advise.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:00 AM
Fork Horn

If they are within 50 miles,I would drive not fly.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:56 AM

Head up road to LA 1 and you should be in caribou the entire way up. By then, the way they are heading, the caribou should be all around the area.
Good Luck - it's an experience of a lifetime!
Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

You will need a heliocopter to get AWAY from the Bou for the 23rd.

Bring a camera and you can take some National Geographic grade pictures. It is something to see and Happy Hunting to your group!
Old 11-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Spike

anyone going to camp Kisk needs to know they had a fire at the canteen and food will be an issue, they said they will do everything they can but might not be what everyone has experienced in the past. I suggest bringing snacks, i know i will
Old 11-17-2008, 01:52 PM

Does anyone know FOR SURE if the Caribou Crossed the road ?? from theLatest Satelitte Pic.it looks like they crossed North of camp Kiskimaastakin, I know some people who are up there now and wonder if they did any good ?? if they did cross the road do you know where and when they started to cross ??

Thanks in Advance
Dave
Old 11-18-2008, 09:29 AM

Just spoke to a client's wife. All5 shot 2 bulls each up LA1 road - not sure hw far up, but will find out tomorrow when they get inand post up.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

hey guys just got home today all the caribou are on Laforge 1 road most are at the end we hunted at km 89 there is a indian camp there on the right with a long boat launch there we went across the ice to where the long island comes out and there were caribou non stop there all day long slow starting around day light but by 8:00 they were every where you cant be looking for giants cause 50% of the big bulls we seen were bald as an eagle but there are still some nice ones if you be patient.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.