Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 02-21-2008, 02:56 PM

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

when i was up last fall a guy had a new suburban,, his onstar worked PART of the time ,not 100 %. We had a rented satellite telephone which was very usefull after we had our wreck .
Old 02-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

FYI - ONSTAR it depends as not all functions are SAT based, some a cell based which will not work in JBR. If you want to call home to say hi this may not work (and if you hit it around Matagami watch for the extra bill from Nextel) - if you have an emergency this is SAT based and will work fine just like SAT Radios - XM, SIRIUS. The functions that montior the critical issues (like air bag deply) are also SAT based and you will have a contact via SAT Phone to find out if you are all right - if this service is turned on as not all options are out of the box.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 AM

Hey everyone. Me and 7 other guys are going on a caribou hunt to nouchimi in late nov. None of us have been before and have no idea what to expect. Any helpful tips out there? Im trying to prepare early. Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

Pretty much everything you need to know is in the 167 pages of this forum. Lists, advice, comments and a little b.s. too. Take some time and read through it, sort it out and you should have enough info to be well prepaired for a good hunt.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:09 PM

Goose

sent you a pm ,,i have been up 5 times

Dave
[email protected]
Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Goose like hunch said taske the time and read thru all the pages in this forum and you will be amazed there are some good picture posts of the land up there to in the winter this year will be my 5th time in a row also just cant get enough of it. any questions you have dont be afraid to ask lots of advise here.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:53 PM
Spike

Goose By booking with nouchimiI hope you realize you will have probably a 30 mile trip one way to just get to the non-resident hunting zone each day of the hunt. Bob
Old 02-25-2008, 05:14 PM

Im not so sure that I need to make that 30 mile trip. The agent I booked with, has been there 35years in a row, and has heard of no such thing. We are in outpost camp at km440. I hope he knows his info. Is he missing anything??
Old 02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GooseDoctor

Im not so sure that I need to make that 30 mile trip. The agent I booked with, has been there 35years in a row, and has heard of no such thing. We are in outpost camp at km440. I hope he knows his info. Is he missing anything??
Your friend is correct. 440 is well into the zone. Nouchimi's main camp at 286 or 289 is a little over 70 km (about 42 miles) from the zone.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Spike

Goose Sorry about the previous post, I was not aware that you had an outpost camp. You will not have to drive to get to the hunt zone, but it may be wise to bring a shovel. I have never been to a nouchimi outpost camp, but I seem to recall somewhere earlier reading here that they don't necessarily keep the place plowed out real well for you. You may have to move some snow to park your truck if it gets bad. bob

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.