Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting >

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Old 11-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

I actually have two hunts scheduled first also. On the 17th, I'll be hunting deer in NY and then on the 27th, our season opens in PA. This Saturday is our last day of bow season and the bucks are starting rut pretty good. Last saturday, my son got his first turkey!! Now that my son is old enough to hunt in PA, hunting for me has changed forever! This is what it is all about!!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:04 AM

I'm also looking foward too Nov.15 but not in the same way. It will be my 12 yr old son first deer hunt in michigan. I don't know who is more excited me or him. We will be leaving at 12:00am on the nov 16 for quebec. First time caibou hunting. I don't think I will be getting much sleep on the 14 between thinking of him getting his first deer and myself seeing my first caribou in the wild. ( I HOPE!!!!!)Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Those of you going up for the opening of the season; don't forget to post pictures and results in this forum when you return for those of us going up later! I'm sure many of us will be anxious to hear something!! Good luck to all!!
Old 11-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Spike

Yea, I agree lets stay in touch.
LOL: forall of us arm chairs hunters who are home drooling over the computer, satellite maps and calendars.

Dose anyone know how much snow is on the ground, if any ? looking at the weather for that area it seem to be hovering right around 32 f .
Old 11-10-2006, 05:35 PM

Hey everyone. Have been doing alot of reading on this thread. Glad I finally got to the present day! I checked out the present weather conditions in Radisson and for the week ahead. The highs are just above the freezing mark and the evenings are dipping down just a few degrees below freezing. I don't know anything other than what I can remember from this forum but I do know we need somecolder evenings to make ice. We had ice on the smaller lakes a week ago here but the warm weather and RAIN ate through that pretty quick. for you seasoned guys out there...should the first guys going this year be getting a little nervous about the weather forecast?I don't want to freak anyone out! just wondering.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Spike

Welcome Moostew, do you live in Radisson? we were there a few years ago nice town.

Iagree the weather is not co-operating again this year maybe in a few weeks the temp will start to drop and it will beginto look like winter.
thanks for the posting, keep them coming.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:08 AM

Hey spike00. No I don't live in Radisson, but will be there in exactly 30 days. Just checked the weather up there. I live in a little town called Hornepayne in Ontario. 4.5 hours drive directly North of Sault Ste. Marie (Canadian side).
Old 11-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Spike

Well that puts you alot closer to where you need to be in regards to caribou hunting. we are allowing about 28 hrs drive time for our crew to get to the mirage <<two trucks six guys >>,could be longer or shorterdepending on the weather.
Ontario is a great place to live, myself I love the outdoors, especial the U.P. and Canada...my wife, now thats another story , she likes to shop. she doesn't mind cooking the wild game and dose a great job of it,
LOL: so that makes her an indoor/ outdoors sportswoman.

Old 11-13-2006, 12:32 PM

Latest Satellite readings are up and it looks good for the opener on 11/15!
Too bad I went last year and not this year - anyone going up, remember to post up once you get back.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like from the start of zone 22B to Laforge Road are going to be good for the next week. It was -2F this weekend up there and this gets them moving down. It is warmer now and I am hoping this keeps pushing them to LA1 res. for a couple of weeks. The snow is also minimal so food is good. The road has not seen any activity yet and it is good to see them heading east - this may prove out for late hunters also if you can get below the road and hunt the ponds there.

For all the 1st week guys watch the ice on the roads and lack of on the ponds - post what you are seeing if possible and good luck!!

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.