Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

[&:]That stinks!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks!
Not as much as the insides of a caribou
We got lucky and found this lake, we knew we were in the right place when we realized that those dark lumps all over the lake were gut piles, the killing field!
I know you're a bow hunter so you need to realize that there are LOTS of hunters up there for the winter hunt, most with rifles, a few with smoke poles, I brought my bow but never got it out, they will come close but it was just too busy on the hot trails for archery when I was there.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

What, would you say, was the closest they got?
Old 06-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

How many bottles of dry gas should be taken? Also, how many 5 gal. gas cans?
ORIGINAL: Monie

How many bottles of dry gas should be taken? Also, how many 5 gal. gas cans?
you need to read the bottles on the dry gas. most people think one bottle is enough but the ones i bought at wally world were like for 12 or 15gallons of treatment. so in my case i should have been dumping 2 bottles at a time. my gas line and filter did freeze up . i would stall once in a while. i think the gas they sell up there is bad. to make it between the long gas stops i would bring at least 2 cans. i think you can get them in 6 gallon capacity. i dont think you will need more than that but do the math as per your vehicle miles. better to have more but dont bring 5 cans like i did the first year.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:34 PM

I have been following the posts about northern Quebec winter hunts but does anyone know anything about Labrador winter hunts for caribou? I have found a few outfitters that offer those hunts. They are usually out of Wabush or Shefferville, Quebec. I don't find any info on this net about those hunts so I'm wondering if it is a worthwhile venture. Has anyone had any dealings with Labrador outfitters?

Shotgunbilly,

MOOSE AND BEAR COUNTRY ( Maine)
Old 06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can check out this site to find an outfitter.

http://www.huntinfo.com/reviews/outfitter_reviews.php3
Old 07-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Quebec and studs are legal in the province, I am not sure if the James Bay Road has special rules or not, but I doubt it.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Hi,
It's me agian. I have been following the threads in here for awhile and appreciate all the good info you all have shared. I hate to change the subject. I have been doing some research and am wondering if I can get acroos the border. I was convicted of impaired driving in 1989. Does anyone know have any info they can share to help shed some light on this for me? We are scheduled to head up in late November for our hunt.
Thanks in advance,
Dale
Old 07-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Yes you will have problems. There are more than a few threads about this on the forums. Try the search button and look for the border crossing thread.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Criminal inadmissibility

Criminal offences include both minor and serious offences such as theft, assault, manslaughter, dangerous driving or driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. For a complete list of criminal offences in Canada, see the Canadian Criminal Code.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/

All the info is here too.

Quick Reply: Quebec Winter Caribou Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.