Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

[Deleted]

Old 09-25-2003, 09:56 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-25-2003, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you let him fill your doe tag?

Nope I would not let him fill a doe tag to answer your question. If he wanted to take a doe or be involved at least he could have made the effort and applied. Lay down the law plain and simple that everybody has equal shares and weight to pull. While this is a minor incident it will ensure no problems arise in the future and if he should shoot a doe he is on his own and the other 4 don' t know who he is. If he has a problem than he needs to find a new place and group to hunt with. Something I have been very critical of the last few years is that everybody is on the same page and totes the camp line, if not they are out on there @$$.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:54 AM

I say no,, if you dont apply you better not pull the trigger on a doe. If he just happens to pull the trigger,, its gutted, tagged, thrown in his truck with his belongings and hes ******ed from the property, and told never to return!

Im also tired of the do-nothings for the good of the camp. So much so,, ive already told the guys, next year no whitetails for me. Im going caribou hunting and am going to enjoy a week away from civilization. The laziness/cheapness is too much to take anymore,, ill spend a couple grand on a caribou hunt instead!
Old 09-26-2003, 04:03 AM

[:@] Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!! If he did not take the time to apply for his doe tag then he can damn well wait till a buck comes along & if he decided to harvest a doe knowing the others have tags i' d be kicking his sorry ass out of the camp permanetly.............everybody should carry their fair share of the load & responsibilities!!!! Just my humble opinion.......[:-]..........Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 09-26-2003, 04:31 AM

Nobody fills MY doe tags for me. If I can' t kill my own game, I don' t deserve to be hunting. I will share the harvest with someone who needs food, but that doesn' t seem to be the case in this instance.
Old 09-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-26-2003, 09:35 AM

I started hunting two years ago. I couldn' t get into the Hunter Safety Course until Septemeber and thus couldn' t apply for the draw.

I went hunting in WMU 37 with 10 guys, half of whom had doe tags. IF, they had told me bucks only, that would have been the case. However, we only filled one tag (a doe coicidentally) and I actually had the first shot at it (missed but downed by other hunters). This was on the first day and again, was the only deer we got that year.

I agree that sheer laziness shouldn' t be accepted and I don' t know what I might have been told if I just couldn' t be bothered to apply.

In my opinion, he should be told bucks only just to prove a point. However, lots of factors could change that rule.

If the one tag goes unfilled, wouldn' t the rules relax as time passed? Wouldn' t you want to have brown on the ground rather than an unfilled tag?

What if it' s a great week, all tags are filled but the doe tag and his. And you see the buck of a lifetime walking by your stand? Yes I know it' s a problem we' d all love to have! I know you could use the doe tag on it, but odds are you' d want to use his.

I reworded my original post because I support your question and didn' t want to seem confrontational. I hope you take it accordingly. [8D]
Old 09-26-2003, 04:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-26-2003, 05:13 PM

Someone applies and doesnt get drawn, thats different, fill it! But we were in 43b, Manitoulin. Its pretty much a gauranteed doe tag.

I admit last year I walked over to the guy that didnt apply and say give me your tag at noon on the openner. I had a buck down and didnt want to burn my doe tag. He ended up filling my tag on a doe a couple days later. But if we he would have popped a doe at first legal on the openner, I would have been ticked!

This guy ended up getting tossed out. He decided to go into the cedar swamp when everyone was watching the fields around it on the last afternoon. Started shooting at grouse with his 30-30. No need for that stupidity!
Old 09-26-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was it an honest mistake that he didn' t apply? Did he do his share of work through the year? Is he a long time member? These questions might change your answer. It also depends on what the other hunters want.

Are you sure that he didn' t apply for a doe in another area and he' s holding out so he can bow hunt later? Shoot a doe in your area and let someone else use their tag.

Dan O.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.