Hunting in Holland? >

Hunting in Holland?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Hunting in Holland?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting in Holland?

I moved to Holland very recently and will be here for the next couple of years (military). Does anyone live in or around Holland, or has anyone ever hunted here? I am just curious what I need to start doing to get government approval to hunt here, and also, own guns. Any help would be great, and if anyone knows anything about the fishing opportunities, I would love to know. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

Last edited by Beard Buster; 03-02-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Fork Horn

Holland has some strict rules for hunting but it is possible to get a licence as a foreigner - KNJV controls the education and licence requirements. Bascially the species are rabbit, duck and upland birds. Just south of Amsterdam - towards Rotterdam has some excellent duck and upland. The lands are tightly controlled but if you make friends with some land owners (espec. older farmer types) you can get access to some good spots and game. The deal will be some offering and you may likely get invited to dinner. Younger folks have a much higher opposition to guns/hunting but you may sind some that are working the land to support. Strict shot gun only rules with 300 meter keep out.

Fishing is much better - the canals have some good opportunities and getting into the water ways toward the sea you will find all kinds of fish - watch the weather if you are out in winter times - it turns quickly.

Good Luck