Wearing Orange in Ontario

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Wearing Orange in Ontario

Old 03-19-2011, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Wearing Orange in Ontario

Hello

This may be a dumb question, and I probably could ask the outfitter, but here goes. I see on a fall bear hunt we need to wear Blaze orange jacket or vest and a cap while walking to and from the stand.
Do you have to wear a cap? Can you walk in with the vest and no cap. I generally would never wear a cap walking in so I don't sweat.

Thanks

Dan
Old 03-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Hunter Orange
The objective of the hunter orange regulation is to maximize
hunter safety without negatively impacting hunting success.
Under this regulation,
all licensed hunters, including bow hunters and falconers, hunting during the gun season for deer and moose, are required to wear hunter orange. This requirement does not apply to persons who are hunting migratory game birds, except wood****.
In addition, all licensed black bear hunters hunting during the open season for black bear are required to wear hunter orange except when in a tree stand.
Where there is a gun season for moose or deer concurrent with an open black bear season, then the only persons exempted from wearing hunter orange are waterfowl hunters, as indicated above.
A hunter orange garment and head cover must be worn. The
hunter orange garment must cover a minimum of 2,580 square cm (400 square inches) above the waist and be visible from all sides. Open mesh or camouflage hunter orange must not be part of the 2,580 square cm. A hunting coat or vest
generally meets this requirement. The hunter orange head
cover may have: open mesh; a peak or brim colour other than
hunter orange, and a crest or logo which does not completely
cover the hunter orange on the side where it is affixed. The
head cover must not contain camouflage material.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks DARKSIDE55, I guess I'll have to get a blaze orange hat with mesh in the back to stay a bit cooler.

Dan