Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Crossbows - who wants them gone? >

Crossbows - who wants them gone?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Crossbows - who wants them gone?

Old 07-18-2003, 08:47 AM
DL2

Default Crossbows - who wants them gone?

Poll:

Who would like to see crossbows make thier way - as the dodo in Ontario?

For regular, non-physically challenged use.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crossbows - who wants them gone?

DL2 now why would you want to exclude a hunting tool from a hunter. The crossbow is nothing more than just another hunting tool. The more hunters that we can get out enjoying our woods the better it is for all envolved.

To eliminate the crossbows to just the physically challanged is a discriminating act for which the US governments have also just found out. I could give you all the data (from the disability act) but maybe it be better for you to look it up and learn.

The disabled do not want to be singled out for use of special tools, they just want the ability to enjoy the past time like all do. On top of that, who would pay for the administration cost to make sure only the disabled are using the crossbow. If you say the disabled, then unless you charge all hunters the same fees then you would be discriminating against a person because of a disability (making him/her pay a fee because of a disability that able bodied hunters do not have to pay).
Old 07-18-2003, 05:29 PM
DL2

Grumpy, who says I want them excluded?

There is talk around town that some want everything with any type of trigger release excluded from " primitive" seasons.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

DL2; you use what firearm/bow you wish to hunt with and I' ll use mine. If you want more challenge use a long bow with no mechanical release. Make your own arrows if you want. Using a crossbow has given me many happy days in the field. Ask me how many times I didn' t pull the trigger because I was using a bow not whether a crossbow should be banned.

So the short answer to your question is: no.

Dan O.
Old 07-18-2003, 09:21 PM

Boy did I know that was coming, as soon as I read the subject. Now the meat of the question is when should technology exclude equipement for the primitive arms seasons? Like PA not allowing modern in-line muzzleloaders or other states that don`t allow scopes on muzzleloaders. I think that what really should be done instead of excluding equipement, I think making every hunter qualify with his weapon, be that a bow or crossbow or even rifle before being aloud to purchase a big game license. I`m afraid the results would scare alot of hunters as alot would be hard pressed to hit a pie plate at 50 yards with a rifle and 25 yards with a bow.
Old 07-19-2003, 04:18 AM

[] DL2 is trying to start a riot.....I use a crossbow & will not lower myself to your level..[:@]...a crossbow is just another LEGAL hunting implement & if you really want to get your a$$ kicked on this question....go to the Excalibur website at www.excaliburcrossbow.com & then you' ll get blasted big time...[>:]..geeeeeeeesssss the nerve of some people!!!!!!!!!!! [:-] Brampton Mike (A proud gun & crossbow hunter) [8D]
Old 07-19-2003, 06:31 AM

At the present moment I am not a XBOW hunter BUT I have nothing against them I just choose to use a compound for the time being! There will be a day (I Know)
My son shoots a Exocet. We felt that the XBOW was needed at the time because he was going on his first Moose Hunting trip with me last fall and wasn' t Physically capable of holding the proper poundage back.
Now he shoots this Xbow with confidence and accuracy AND THAT' S WHAT IT' S ALL ABOUT RIGHT!
AL
Old 07-19-2003, 06:43 AM

The only thing that bugs me is archery moose tags, yes their easier to get and yes alot are given out to people who have no idea how to use a bow or crossbow. These same people then go " bowhunting moose" and try to take rifle shots ie. shoulder and yes I`ve even heard a fella brag about trying a head shot[:' (]. I just wish there could be a requirement in the reg`s that makes you prove that you understand how a bow or crossbow works and the limitations of the weapon. By the way the guy who bragged about the headshot was pissed because the bull was the biggest he`d ever seen and it ran off with his bolt sticking out of it`s ear, his neibour killed the bull first day of rifle season with the bolt still in it`s head.
Old 07-19-2003, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Noughing at all wrong with a Crossbow, some use them and some don' t. I would sooner see a hunter use a crossbow if he/she don' t feel right or have trouble shooting a Compound. Don' t give the anti' s any more fire power...BT
Old 07-19-2003, 07:07 AM
DL2

Good replies guys - especially the last few who didn' t jump the gun (no pun intended).

Quick Reply: Crossbows - who wants them gone?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.