Newfoundland Moose/Bird Hunt Combo

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Newfoundland Moose/Bird Hunt Combo

Old 08-04-2010, 08:28 AM
Spike

Default Newfoundland Moose/Bird Hunt Combo

Looking for reputable outfitters anywhere in Newfoundland
(Not Labrador) to moose hunt (Bull) and Bird hunt (ptarmigan-grouse-ducks-geese) with my dogs (GSPointers) 2011
I'm trying to start my planning for next season any information and references greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Irish Knots
Looking for reputable outfitters anywhere in Newfoundland
(Not Labrador) to moose hunt (Bull) and Bird hunt (ptarmigan-grouse-ducks-geese) with my dogs (GSPointers) 2011
I'm trying to start my planning for next season any information and references greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Its been about 7 years since I been there. But I always said I would love to hunt ptarmigan there. I saw several a day. Large birds. Guide even killed one with a flat rock.

I went with vikingtrail outfitters. I think they have changed hands now. I always said i wanted to go with Ironbound outfitters. Lots of people like em.

Old 08-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Spike

I've heard of ironbound
do you hunt birds much ?
Old 08-05-2010, 02:09 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Irish Knots
I've heard of ironbound
do you hunt birds much ?
I always promised I would go bird hunting up there. But all I can think of when there is big ole moose. It would be difficult for me to try both. Seems like I never hit gold up there until the last day of my trip.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I went 3 years in a row from 2003 to 2005 for caribou but we saw a ton of moose too. I used Snowshoe Lake Hunting and Fishing and they are located in area 63 right in the middle of the Island. First rate operation home cooking and great guides..at least at that time. I don't think they can get many.. or any bou tags since they are in a decline but they really do a great job with the moose too. I did see some ptarmigan but not all that many.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Champlain Islander
I went 3 years in a row from 2003 to 2005 for caribou but we saw a ton of moose too. I used Snowshoe Lake Hunting and Fishing and they are located in area 63 right in the middle of the Island. First rate operation home cooking and great guides..at least at that time. I don't think they can get many.. or any bou tags since they are in a decline but they really do a great job with the moose too. I did see some ptarmigan but not all that many.

thanks.... i was actually talking to a friend of the family who has been to snowshoe a dozen times or so and said the same-
thanks alot i appreciate it! how did you do taggin out?