Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
2009 Canadian Hunting Posts >

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Old 11-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Typical Buck

point taken & I will heed your advice. Can't wait to see what I'm getting into. That'a a sweet looking rack!! Thanks for the advice & hope to share some good stories. Good luck all.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Spike

Default Can someone help me post a question?

I joined 5 minutes ago and cant figure out how to post questions. please help!

B
Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JD IN ALBERTA
point taken & I will heed your advice. Can't wait to see what I'm getting into. That'a a sweet looking rack!! Thanks for the advice & hope to share some good stories. Good luck all.
Go get em JD!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Nitromag887
I joined 5 minutes ago and cant figure out how to post questions. please help!

B
Nitro, to start a new topic or thread, click on the "new thread" button (upper left, above the post list) and fill in the blanks. It is located on the main page of each section. Welcome
Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Fork Horn

Good Luck JD!

Skeet, sounds like you have yourself a prospect. Go get'im. Good luck

Wifey, Kinder and I pulled into Saskatoon at 02:00. Looking for a nap, then some scouting tomorrow and a good nights sleep before heading out on wednesday morning. Weather feels promising, should be a good week. With the Riders in the grey cup, JD and I might be the only people in Saskatchewan out hunting next sunday.

Talk to you guys soon,

Sask.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

In the late afternoon probably not to many hunting sunday but the morning I'm guessing it will be business as usual I'm sure. Good Luck SB!!

Yeah, I can't take it..I'm ditching out early to head out for an evening sit(my only chance till saturday). Saw a small buck mount a doe at first light this morning in the acreage land just south of town. I'm sure he's still chasin but you never know what may happen. Fingers crossed & lucky bullet has been kissed..just need him to make his first mistake.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

A bust tonight, nothing was moving. Saw a small basket buck and 3 sets of ears. Here's hoping for the weekend!

Best of luck
Old 11-28-2009, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Smile

[/IMG]
Here's my October 9th Moose.

Took me 9 consecutive evening hunt's of about 2 hours each night to finally coax one in close enough for a shot. I was following a cow for about an hour and couldn't seem to locate the bull that should have been with her LOL. WELL I TURNED TO WALK ACROSS THE SLew bed when I noticed movement up on the ridge 300 yards away and I grunted right away and he turned and made a bee line straight to me.
Gave me enough time to get behind some bull rushes and a dead tree. He came to with in 22 yards when I realized I can't get a shot. I stepped to the side at full draw and he bolted to 46 yards and turned broadside for me. I drew again and again he walked away to 62 yards. After ranging him I drew and aimed a few inches above his shoulder and let the Montecs do the rest.He turned and took 5 strides up the slope out of the slew ,turned to look back and started to cough. Good sign he was hit in the lungs and then he fell over and tumbled back down the slope with his legs pointed up,as if saying here you go .Start cutting. Was a great hunt.
Rocky
Old 11-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

[/IMG]
!st Ever Muley By Mistake

November 23rd I was sitting in my honey hole just waiting and as I was turned looking to the place where the deer should have been comming from. I decided to turn my upper torso to get some feeling back into my bod. It was 9:20 am and just as I got my body turned I said what the heck to myself 3 does were standing right in front of me looking back to there back trail.
I stand and grab my bow all in one motion and look to see what they are looking at!!!! All I could see was a huge body so I draw and wait and the does go left down the trail and he goes right ,right in front of my stand.
I wait till he hits the shooting lane and I notice what the heck kinda of antlers are these,LMAO. SO he hits my second lane and again I still can't decifer what is happening here. Then I have one last lane to make it happen and he hits it and I mouth grunt,as he turns his head I release my Montec and to me, I thought I hit a little high. He takes 2 steps and falters right away,he makes another few steps and again falters. He made it 32 yards and crashed of to the left of the game trail.
So in the hour wait for me to come down and have a look at him I start making calls and out walks this little 2x2 whitetail and heads right to the fallen buck and takes one look and backs out and bolts through the bush. I was thinking now what if a mature whitey comes out and as I stand to loosen my legs ,I turn and there stands the 5x5 150ish buck I've passed twice this year. The thing is he has me where he wants me lMAO. No bow in my hand and talking on the phone. LAter that night the property owners calls me up to ask me to score a buck he shot that night.
I go over and and low and behold it's the same 5x5, he ended up scoring 162 5/8's. Guess I should have never passed him up.
My 1st ever muley ended up scoring 130 1/8 and the funny thing I have been hunting this property for 17 years and have never seen a muley on it as the same goes for the owner and he's farmed it for 45 years,go figure!! A Muley in Waiting. Oh yeah, I almost forgot ,I had to take this with my cell phone as my batteries were dead in my camera LOL. Not bad for a cell phone camera
Rocky
Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

First off...my condolences to you Sask. fans that's what happens when you beat the team that should have been playing for the western div.
Congrats Rocky, nice lookin mug & animals, anything with the bow is a trophy in my books.
As for my Sask. trip, pics & stories to come but in a nutshell things weren't great, weather was warm (rain one day) and very little action, saw a handful of bucks (or deer for that matter) but was fortunate to connect on my only opportunity 5x5. Not a brute but considering the lack of action I was happy to ge tthe whitetail monkey off my back. My buddy shot a little forker on the Sat. he also got a decent 4X4 on the drive home in Alberta. So 3 deer in the truck was a sucessful hunt, just no bruisers seen or shot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.