2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2009 Canadian Hunting Posts

Old 12-21-2009, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by JPF
Doctor, 2110 is a long ways away, you sure plan ahead
Unfortunately, us south of the border guys need to do these things to get dates/tags, and cheaper air fares.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ironically, like my last post mentions, I'm in the process of booking another Bow Zone hunt for 2010!!! I'm PUMPED again!!!
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-plate-001-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by early in; 03-19-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Double post. It didn't show up the first time.

Last edited by early in; 03-15-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default shed

hey fellas how everyone doing? I went gopher shooting the other day and found this shed (dark one) in the middle of a rye field. Looked for the other side but only found a little 4 pt. I'll have to go back for a more thorough search. Not much on the game cams either, just some does. Hope all is well with everyone!
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-img_1482.jpg  
Old 09-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Wowzer
Where are all the guys,it's deer hunting season ,let's shoot the breeze, LOL
Rocky
Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Rocky. I'm in full on elk mode spend a few days in archery and had a close call with a nice bull but he just wouldn't clear all the way for a shot...called him in to close..dang it! Rifle opens tomorrow but unforuntatley work has me saddled here dreaming instead. My group is rubbing it in hard as they saw a number of elk today on recon including 2 decent bulls. Heading up on the weekend for almost a week of bliss. Bulls saturday sunday, then monday it turns to cow or bull in our zone. Down to the last package from last year so need to restock...yum!

Been out bowhynting a little for deer since it opened sept 1. Did manage to harvest a dry doe with the bow last sunday in the SMZ, couldn't pass up the under 15 yard shot she offered me. So far nothing special for bucks in that area. Found a few elsewhere though, muzzie season opens at the end of the month.

No draws this year for me, so after elk it will be just whitetails. May help a couple buddies try and fill moose tags in the farmland..we'll see.

Take Care
Old 09-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Typical Buck

well it's about time the boys are back on the site (at least some of us). Early, I got your PM. Yes all is well with me & our youngest, thanks for asking! Things have finally gotten back to normal & we are living life again. I haven't been out much this season yet since my partners are backing out on me every chance they can, celebrated the big 4-0 last Sat. so that killed one day as well, but it was a hoot!! I'll post up some great game cam pics i got this spring. Heading our for a goose shoot tomorrow (hopefully) if not I'll be up the tree with by bow looking for a gorgeous whitetail who is haunting my neighborhood. Got drawn for Mulie buck & sped goat this year but it looks like I won't be able to get out for the antelope due to work getting in the way. Looking forward to seeing pics & hearing some great stories this season. Congrats Skeet, as usual you end up with an animal down before anyone else. All we need now is pics of Saks BIG whitetail & mulies he downed!! Good luck this year fellas!
Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

JD nice to hear from ya. Glad everything is going ok in your life. Really need to get out speed goat hunting, it's a blast. My elk season was upside down, 2 days in and 4 out...work. I ended up filling my tag this past weekend. Called this 5x back on saturday morning, 1 shot from the 338wm and tag notched. Hum elk meat. Sorry about the gore but was solo.

Bring on the whitetails.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-elk-2010.jpg   2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-elk-2.jpg  
Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here's the bull from archery that I wish I got. My partner shot him the second evening of the season out in the open field. Damn it nice bull but happy as a pig in soil for him!
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Canadian Hunting Posts-elk.jpg  
Old 09-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Skeet
Congrats on your bull Elk,was it with a rifle or bow? Been passing up some good bucks of late, had a 130ish 5x5 with a drop and had a blast taking pictures of him following my steps right to the base of my stand,LOL. It's unbelievable what you can get away with, with a camera. My bud from Arizona told me to start carrying a small camera on stand and take pics and he showed me all the bucks he had around him while he hunted here 3 years ago. Cool to be able to do that,now I just have to figure out how to stop the pictures from being blurry. Good luck guys and be safe .
Rock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.