Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Canadians!  Please Help?  Ron McLean? >

Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

Old 04-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

I was doing a search for a " Don Cherry" poster, when one of the Yahoo items had a line about " CBC not hiring Ron McLean for Hockey Night in Cananda" WTF
I have not caught a Saturday Night game in a while...Whats the deal?? Was there some pressure to get him out?? Is that butthole Bettman behind this. Ron McLean is one of the games greatest ambassadors............I need some answers!!! My Brothers across the Detroit River...please help me with some info!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2003, 06:53 PM

Default RE: Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

that was at the beginning of the year . there was such a outcry by hockey fans that they came to a agreement .... now the rumour has it that molson canadain told them to hire mclane or loose there advertisment of molson canadain ..... got to hit em in the pocket i guess
Old 04-07-2003, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

8mm/06 last fall before the hockey season started the CBC held out in contract talks with both Don Cherry & Ron McLean. They signed Mr Cherry but then told Mr McLean that his services were not needed. The public outcry was too big for CBC to ignore and they signed him just before the season started.

But, just a few weeks ago, Mr McLean Baited Mr Cherry into the should we or should we not support the war debate. Mr Cherry stood up and argued for all Canadians to support the war. Mr McLean supported the government [:@] . Well the CBC did not like the fact Mr Cherry supported the war, the CBC is our government TV channel and trouble was caused because of it.

Next year there might not be a Coachers corner. Don Cherry said that if it was time for him to go, then he would go but would not change his statements. He is putting his support behind this war and the people fighting it and putting their lives on the line.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! After I posted my question I went searching again and found what you have told me. I guess I jumped without looking. Good news though. Cherry is great but nothing without MacLean' s grace and intelligence. But ya gotta love Grape' s take on things. He pulls no puches and he' s usually right....just loud about it!
Old 04-08-2003, 05:24 AM

Interesting thread. I just had to get a word in, because way back, I think it might have been in the 1960' s, Don Cherry played for the Hershey Bears. It could even have been in the late 1950' s. He would be pretty old by now. Would this be the same guy? I think he was a defenseman. I was a real hockey fan back then, and went to Hershey frequently.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Yes, not only did he play there I believe that he started his coaching there before he moved up to the Bruins.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

He was a Kitchener Beaver before he went to Hershey. I' d vote for him as Prime Minister except that it' s guaranteed that we' d be in a war somewhere while he was in office.

Dan O.
Old 04-08-2003, 06:01 PM

I just want to tell you that wherever he played hockey, he played it with heart! I was a fan of his. You could do worse for a PM.

I have to share this story with you Hockey fans (note: Hockey is capitalized). Many years ago, my father had connections with the security staff at the Hershey arena. One night after a Hockey game, he asked if I would like to go to the locker room to meet the Bears. Wow! We went. My hero at the time was a goalie by the name of Gordie Henry. I actually got to meet him. When I shook his hand, he smiled and I' ll be dammed if he had one front tooth left. I asked, " What happened to your teeth?" Gordie replied with a bit of a lisp, " Catchin' Hockey pucks."

Thought you guys might like the story.
Old 04-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

He' s too valuable to waste as Prime Minister. If he was PM, he' d have to be a politician. He' s got to be one of the most honest and spontaneous people you' d ever meet.

Dan O.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:45 AM

Don Cherry is a LOUD MOUTH BABOON who speaks before he thinks!!!!!!!! [:@] I' d be glad to see him off the air permanently!!!!!!!!!! Brampton Mike [8D]

Quick Reply: Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.