Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Canadians!  Please Help?  Ron McLean? >

Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

Old 04-10-2003, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Canadians! Please Help? Ron McLean?

Mike, Mike Mike!!
Loud Mouthed?? yes, whats wrong with a little passion?
Baboon?? at times, but not afraid to say what he thinks.
Speaks before he thinks? yeah, pretty much all the time. He' s genuine though.
Off the air permanently?? BANISH THE THOUGHT

Although he often speaks before fully engaging his brain, he usually has the integrity of the game in mind. He may hold a different opinion than some about certain aspects of the game, but his heart is in Hockey don' t ya think? Take for instance his take on fighting vs stick work. Its clear that the refs are handing out more minutes for fighting than for some of the ridiculously dangerous stick-work that is on the rise. He' s pretty vocal about it....and should be.
I agree that sometimes he makes me squirm with his sledge-hammer diplomacy, but I always admire the the honesty he has in his thinking. Thank God that Ron Mc. is around to re-phrase and " interpret" the tirades.
Old 04-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Brampton Mike; that' s what makes him so good. He' s real. He' s the anti-politician.

Dan O.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Mike what is so good about Mr Cherry is that he is what he says. You know exactly what or how he feels. Some times I do not agree with what he has to say, but it is how he feels. Also if he says something today, he will back his words tomorrow and not hide from them.

I know a little about hockey as I was a Hockey Referee for many years. Let alone it was minor hockey, but one of the gentlemen I refereed with is now a linesman in the NHL. Most of what Mr Cherry says about fights in hockey is correct. They are needed to be a release for the pent up anger and frustration. The linesman are trained to stop the fights as soon as one player gains an undue advantage, this stops serious injuries.

Again Mr Cherry speaks from the heart and does not care if he is political or not. This is why I like him, he is a real person. He also is one of the most generous people with his time and resourses for charities.
Old 04-12-2003, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

GrumpyTom; Aother person who doesn' t have to, but goes to many kids hockey tournaments is Walter Gretzky. He does it out of his love for the game. It' s weird when you' re watching your kids playing hockey and when you look sideways you see that beak of his standing next to you.

Dan O.

Old 04-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Typical Buck

Dan O I will tell you a few people that have gained my respect for the way they are at kids hockey games. I have met many so called famous people from the hockey world at minor kids games. Most have been great people, some have proven to be nothing but trash. The two that have stood out the most for being such great people were Barkley Plager (played Blues, retired) & Bob Poulford (was GM for Hawks,during NHL strike).

Mr Plager' s team just won a semi-final game in overtime. Before he went to his team to celibrate, he went to every player on the other team to congraduate them and left their heads up. He constantly stressed respect from all his players. He was a very class act. Mr Poulford was coaching his boys team in a tourney during a strike in the NHL and showed his class in just the way he acted and demanded his players act as well. The parrents from his team acted up (did not know canadian rules), he came and apologized to all the game officials and tourney convinors.

People like these will always get my respect. They selfishly give their time for the game of hockey. Both Wayne and his dad, and many others give so much to this game, without people like them the game would fold as the crazzy parrents would totally ruin the game.