Africa hunting survey >

Africa hunting survey

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Africa hunting survey

Old 04-23-2008, 06:36 AM

Default Africa hunting survey

Hi,

let me introduce myself. I am a student in Wildlife Management at the University of Pretoria (South Africa). As part of my (research) master program, I need to conduct a scientific research project. My research is aimed at the management of games reserves in South Africa. The topic of my study is to analyse if there is an economic difference between managing a game reserve specifically for photography as compared to hunting. At the same time I would like to analyse what each of these options can contribute to employment and biodiversity.

As part of this research project, I have made a web survey for hunters intending to visit South Africa. Through this survey I would like to learn more about the profile of such hunters and the wishes and demands of these hunters with regards to their accomodation and facilities at the reserves.

I would like to invite all hunters intending to travel to South Africa to fill in this survey. Please only fill in the survey if you do intend to make such a trip, or have already made one. Of course hunters living in South Africa are also very much invited to fill in the survey!

I would like to stress that all information in the survey is completely anonymous. It can not be linked to the person entering it and it will not be used in any commercial way.

The address of the web survey is:
http://www.wildpicture.com/uop/hunter_survey1.htm

I hope you will spare a few minutes to voice your opinion and support my research project.

Regards,
Hans

P.s. I am aware of last year's research by Prof. Saayman from NWU and will incorporate his findings into this study as well.