Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

The rut is on

Old 11-10-2002, 08:17 AM

Default The rut is on

southern ont good results takeing a seven pointer .
This deer responded, big time;lucky for me.
Question- would another buck take over this area, if so should i leave my stand up for my hunting partner.
Also what's the best way to bow hunt when the rut is in full swing,like it is right now

marty
Old 11-10-2002, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The rut is on

Yes, your bucks territory will be filled in a moments notice. Their will be several bucks in the area and will check and use the sign that is down or start a new one if need be. Is it worth hunting the same spot, if good area...you bet. My hunting partner and I tagged 2 large bucks a day apart within 200 yards of the same spot, this was a prime spot and since I had seen several bucks prior to me tagging I offered it up to my pal, which ended up being a good decision.

Best way to hunt is RUT period. Deer move more frequently and don't need as much patterning as other times. Find a rubline, scrape area, natural travel routes or food source that the does feel comfortable in and don't receive intense pressure. Setup for the prevails winds and only hunt it with the wind in your favour. ( ialways have back up location in case the wind doesn't hold true so I can still hunt the area and the rut) If you hunt either during the rut you can try rattling or laying down some doe and estrus scent or the combination of both to increase your odds.

Old 11-14-2002, 07:03 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yes, your bucks territory will be filled in a moments notice. Their will be several bucks in the area and will check and use the sign that is down or start a new one if need be. Is it worth hunting the same spot, if good area...you bet. My hunting partner and I tagged 2 large bucks a day apart within 200 yards of the same spot, this was a prime spot and since I had seen several bucks prior to me tagging I offered it up to my pal, which ended up being a good decision.

Best way to hunt is RUT period. Deer move more frequently and don't need as much patterning as other times. Find a rubline, scrape area, natural travel routes or food source that the does feel comfortable in and don't receive intense pressure. Setup for the prevails winds and only hunt it with the wind in your favour. ( ialways have back up location in case the wind doesn't hold true so I can still hunt the area and the rut) If you hunt either during the rut you can try rattling or laying down some doe and estrus scent or the combination of both to increase your odds.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
Old 11-14-2002, 07:07 PM

Thanks skeeter From Camlachie and Sfree. 11 point taken in same spot.
Old 11-14-2002, 09:05 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

marty

Edited by - sfree on 11/14/2002 22:07:37
Old 11-14-2002, 09:12 PM

[quote]thanks for the info skeeter it was in our favour

marty
Old 11-14-2002, 09:14 PM

thanks Skeeter for the info therre is a sucses story to it.

marty