Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

whos from ontario

Old 09-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: whos from ontario

I'm not from Ontario but I have a question for any of you who are. Last year someone posted a pic of GIGANTIC , and I mean GIANTIC 8pt that was supposedly killed by a poacher. The pic showed a game warden sitting over him holding his rack up. This was THE biggest 8pt I have ever seen in my life!
Does anyone have that pic and more importantly the whole story behind exactly what took place?
Old 09-15-2006, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe the unofficial Ontario record is the Dryden buck (unofficial because it was poached). But that was a couple of years back, and it wasn't an 8 (actually its pretty ugly, I've sen it in person, lots of mass at the bases,and stickers).
The biggest Ontario buck recently has to be that monster with the drop tine out of Kenora, but I can't find the pic on this computer, I'll post it monday from work, its huge, and was takenlegally,but it also hasmore points than 8.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

tschaef, the buck I'm talking about is an 8pt for sure and quite symetrical. It was poached. I have a pic of it and the bases are literally as big around as my wrists. Like I said, the game warden is holding up the rack with a smile on his face. I was trying to get the story about it. Dryden sounds familure.I just don't know how to upload a picyet.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

You are thinking of the Dryden buck. Just google Dryden buck and you will get a photo. Some guy from Louisiana poached it and its now in the stairway of the Dryden museum.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks borealboy, I'll check it.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, I found it. That's a differant buck than the one I have a pic of, Dryden buck looks like a 10 pt with some junk, unreal! I might have to try Ontario some time, just unreal!
Old 09-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey early, I'know this isn't the one you were looking for, but its a brute, this is the legally taken buck from Kenora last year.

Old 09-18-2006, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those bucks are UNREAL! I will definately have to hunt Ontario in a couple of years. I have a hunt booked for this year and next, in Alberta. But Ontario is on my hit list! I love being single, most of the time.Are there any "bow only" areas in Ontario? If there is, do you know of any good outfitters for this?
Old 09-19-2006, 04:09 PM

Copy and paste this to see the Dryden buck.
http://www.whitetaildeer.name/dryden-buck.htm

Nice article about catching the bad guy!

Area 7a is a primative weapons only zone
(bows and muzzle loaders)

Quick Reply: whos from ontario

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.