Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 02-18-2007, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Really nice antlers. I very seldom find antlers like that. Usuallyfind what I call weiner bucks.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice job onceagain Saska!!!

I headed out today for a couple hours myself to the ML spot. I sure wish I would have hadmy skud or snowshoesto get into the barley and alfalfa as it was a real hump walking in!Saw a ton of deerand found a few sheds.I was blownawayafterkicking out 3 bucks that were still packing both sides!Small - fork or maybe a basket, 4x4 and5x5(whichI am sure wasthe 150 class buckfrom the blind). Never thought I'd see that, apparently the deer aren't to stressed in this area. Was really good to get back into the woods and juices pumping.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:07 PM

Great finds guys keep it up. Skeeter did you swap the whitey tighty dodge for that gm? [8D]
Old 02-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Hiawatha

Skeeter did you swap the whitey tighty dodge for that gm? [8D]
Ha ha...ummm NO. Partners hunting ride. She's a one of the kind -94GMC in nat gear camo. Nothing wrong with GM, owned 3 prior to the dodge.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Fork Horn

Nice finds! I was going to ask the same question. That's quite the war wagon your partner has. I would be afraid I wouldn't be able to find it when i parked in the bush. You guys have all bases covered, camo for the early season and your white Dodge for after the snow hits.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Works for a distrubitor that markets camoclad, they offered to give him the required material to do his truck as a marketing thing. He is a camo guy to begin with, truck showed wear andnever one to pass up something for nothing....you see the result.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Spike

Hey Saskabush- nobody is gonna challenge you to a shed hunting contest, but I wanted to know, are you spotting all those whopper sheds with binocs, walking them up or is your lab smelling them out?

I have heard of people training their dogs to "retrieve" bone. That would be cool huh?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Well Guys

I've finally downloaded photbucket but now how do I transfer the pics to this site? LOL I'm a little slow when it comes to computer's. Been, out for the last 4 days and have only found 2 sheds,one isa 170ish 5 point and the other is a 2 point runt,LOL.Been putting in 3-4 hours a day for the last 4 days while off and am really enjoying the snowshoeing. Should have had shoes like this when I was in the Airbourne30 years ago.I might of stayed in ,LOL. Heading back out in a few hours,finally found where the deer are yarded up and all the feed is.
Rocky

[/align]
Old 02-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Tom,

I've found most of my sheds this year walking/glassing fields. I've found a few walking trails in the bush but there is still a lot of snow on the ground so I'll wait till the spring thaw before looking harder in the bush. Mostly just taking note of trails and bedding areas right now. I've also picked up a few at bale stacks and grain piles.

the pooch is more company and entertainment than anything. She has the time of her little life running around sniffing all the deer and moose crap. I've been trying to play the "where your antler" game with her at home and she's doing pretty well. I'll ask her the same thing every time I spot one in the field and she usually finds it. The ultimate test will be if I can convince her to find them and somehow let me know. Right now she just sniffs them and moves on even though she gets plenty of praise for finding it.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:34 AM

Youngfart go page 62 of this thread. I explain it all to earlyin on that page.

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.