Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

rb, kind of nice when it comes like that makes up for all the other times of nothing but sore calves and track soup. Good stuff and thanks for sharing!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

Side view of my alberta mule deer:

Front view of Alberta Muley:

another front view:

River flat where I shot the buck:

My friends "The one that got away" this buck stood at 15 yards for 1 minute from my friend - his safety was frozen on "safe":

Old 11-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Typical Buck

Cool pics boys...keep em comin!!! It's gonna be a long time till hunting season comes around again!

Thats a cool looking rack ag.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: agaucher
his safety was frozen on "safe":
Times like that ya gotta say p1ss on it, literally. Great pics and again congrats fine lookin critter.

Rb congrats, still gotta whip up there and visit ya some day soon.

Jeff-Ok next time i'll tell the lil lady i am gone for the day and sit on that yammy in the shop and tippem. [8D]
Old 11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Rb! Very nice mulie ag! good work!

Things were looking a little better by noon today so i saddled up and headed for the pasture. I hadn't even made it down yet when I was presented with my ethical dilemna for the year. About halfway to the pasture my spidey senses started tingling. I looked to my right I saw a whitetail doe standing about 300yds away on top of an old grassy canal or fence row. Given the time of year I hit the brakes and soon had the binos up and a very nice heavy horned 4x4 in focus. He was bedded about ten yards behind her so that only his rack was visible above the grass. Here's the bad part. They were on private land (not posted) which I don't have permission to hunt on. It would have been too easy to sneak in along another east-west canal and shoot him but given how close it was to a well used secondary highway and the fact that I didn't have permission, I decided not to go after him[:@]. Instead, I sat in the truck and watched him chase his doe for a good 15 minutes, quite a show to say the least.

I eventually made it to the pasture and spent several hours humping through it with out seeing a damn thing. By the time it was dark the snow was picking up again and the roads were getting bad. Hopefully things clear up a bit tommorow.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:49 PM

nice muley agaucher
Old 11-29-2006, 06:43 AM

Hi there Hiawatha.....let me know what you think of the ZR500. I just bought the same camera last night, It was onsale at Shoppers Drug mart for $299 so I figured how could I go wrong. Can't wait to get out and use it.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:58 AM

thanks jeff

There was a rumour of a very large mulie running around a neighbors property
however he didn't allow hunting, but , over the course of the summer i helped move cows and did some roping for him at branding time so he made an exception for me
I hunted for 15 days without seeing a mature deer but finally on november 16 i connected with this 162 B&C mule deer I watched him for about 10 minutes and finally decided to take him. 1 shot at about 75 yards with a 270 WSM with handloaded 150gr grandslams.
While this is deffinetly not the monster that was rumoured to be running around I am very happy with my buck

Thanks again jeff
Old 11-29-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go AG on your alberta mulie! Nice pictures as well.

10-4 hia, I have bar stools and few office chairs as well in the shop(kinda like Town Hall..lol)so you can always just bring the lil' lady as well. Don't let her talk to the Mrs. though she may tell her to run for the hills when dealing with an addict..haha.

Saskabush, that is a tough call but at least you saw. How are the trails/roads out that way? I am thinking about doing something tomorrow, likely my last go for 2006. Planned to sit the afternoon in the blind with the smokepole(though depends on the wind) but not sure if I'll do something different for the am.

Wrangler06, your welcome and once again congrats on your Mulie.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Skeeter, Highways aren't too bad. 219 was a little sketchy last night. Grids are drifted over but passable. Trails.. well you'd have to ask a braver man than I. I didn't even try. Good luck. The forecast is back in the sh*tter for friday and saturday so it'll be cold hunting.

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.