Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 08-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

ORIGINAL: agaucher

Hey all,
From everyones pictures, I think us Canadians are going to have a great year.

I am off this upcoming Thursday to a hike in camp in Midwestern BC for a draw me and three buddies all got for mt Goat. The area hasnt been hunted in 6 years (guide outfitter of the area doesnt takes his clientel in) so I think it will be good. TOns of mulies and moose in the area as well as an odd California Big Horn. I am hoping to tag my goat, and a 160+ mulie while im up there. Will post pics of the trip asap when I get back.

Good luck to those with opening seasons in the next couple weeks!
Lucky devil...best of luck
Old 08-30-2006, 06:38 PM
JPF
Fork Horn

thanks for the tips and advice Skeeter, we'll be heading up there for the opening week. I had planned on buying a whitetail tag, because like you say, you never know what you'll run into, I never thought of a bear tag thou, I should get one of those.

thanks again
Justin
Old 08-31-2006, 11:01 AM
Typical Buck

Off to Kimberly for the long weekend and last golf games with the boys. After that it's time to put away the clubs and haul out the bowGood luck to everyone and let's get some of this years harvest pics up here soon!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck, I hope you shoot a hole in one at both "games".

Robin down under
Old 08-31-2006, 10:46 PM

Hey skeeter Good luck up there, We hunted Elk in the porcupine forest last year and didn't see anything, but then later in the year we went back for deer after elk season closed and guess what, yes you guessed it elk everywhere. We seen a ton of deer all day and we tagged out in one day easy. I like living only 90mins from the forest.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Saskbushman, thank you. I can't wait thewife is sick of hearing the elk calls coming from my domain(the basement).....only 13 more sleeps till we leave.

BTW best of luck with the smokepole this season and whatever else you may be hunting. How is your load coming?

JD, no beer involved on that trip! Enjoy
Old 09-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

lol...skeeter, I'm off beer! need to lose some weight and swore off it a while back. Still have a vodkan now and then though. Funny how when I'm golfing I see as many deer as I do when I'm hunting. I was 5 yds. rfom a mulie doe and a fawn...very cool! Now to do the same with my bow in hand instead of my 9 iron
Old 09-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

lol...skeeter, I'm off beer! need to lose some weight and swore off it a while back.

I hear yeah, last week I had "the"Mulie within bow range(prior to season)and I never saw him this weekend. Monday evening I passed a nice 4x4 that was with him last week in hopes he'd show his face closer to sunset but no dice. That looks to be it until Oct/ML for the mulies as I am leaving for elk next friday. Season just started and the wife is already rolling her eyes...
Old 09-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

LOL!!! Good luck to ya on the elk...why can't mule deer be aseasy after Sept. 1[]
Old 09-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Ive got some other pics of the deer I saw during the trip, but ill post a couple I have on me at the moment. Ill do a more thorough write up later as well, lets just say we hunted hard for 6 days inn 30 degree heat, saw tons of game, a silver tip grizzly included, and I had my first bear kill-steal, as well as my first elk calling experience. Was an AWESOME trip and I nailed this little guy (one of three types of legal bulls in BC). Im the young guy.

Me and the Moose:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/SFAug.jpg

One of the hundreds of swamps we glassed and found him in:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y258/agaucher/SFAug-1.jpg

More to come!

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.