Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em! >

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Old 11-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Hia,

Your done? season's over...? I cant get the pic to load there..is it your archery buck that is posted over in the bowhunting forum? If so..congrats again... Give me a shout.. things are looking up down here, I will fill ya in when ya call.

Troy

Good luck to everyone else here still hunting..
Old 11-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes Rocky, I'm back from a GREAT Bow Zone hunt. Some how I washed your number off my cell phone and couldn't get back to you during the week. Sorry.I got a decent 8pt on Friday that weighed in at around 300lbs,next to the last day of my hunt! I couldn't believe the size of this buck!Jeff said this buck had one of the biggest rut necks he's ever seen, it was unreal! Ohhhhhhh yeaaaa!
Rock, I'llPM you later tonight with details.Hope you guys have some luck this week.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your first Canadian deer!!Let's see some pics and the story. Way to go!
Old 11-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

Well boy's I too am back but with no good news. I promised myself to hold out for a 140+ and did a good job of it. Come the 3rd day the big boy walked out. First shot 320yds clean miss (got the fever and didn't compensate for the distance). Second shot 300 yds. was good! But not that good...had a decent blood trail for a bit and4 beds. Let him rest for over an hour before tracking, after the last bed the blood petered out and I couldn't find him[:'(]Made me sick to my stomach. Needless to say never saw another shooter after that (except running at 400yds). Pics to follow[][]
Old 11-20-2006, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I'm having trouble adding pics anyone else? tells me wrong file and its a jpg.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Hey JD, sorry to hear that. It's always a horrible feeling to lose an animal that you have wounded. I presume you did everything you could so there's not much point in beating yourself up over it.

I experienced a similar situation this morning. A buddy from work had shot a mule doe at last light last night and could not find her after following the blood trail a few hundred yards. I went back with him at first light this morning and we followed blood another 800yards and several beds before it finally petered out. He felt the same way, sick to his stomach. We figure he hit her high above the backbone as the shot knocked her down but she recovered and took off never to be seen again[&:]
Old 11-20-2006, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I always use photobucket and haven't had any problems recently.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Get those pics up early and JD!

How big are the bucks, atleast we can imagine untill we see em!

Need some advice - heading down to south eastern Alberta wednesday - Should I bring snow or green camo? Both maybe?

Gettin real excited - Ive been talking about hunting so much my GIRLFRIEND had a dream about me hunting. lol!

Glad to hear you guys had success!
Old 11-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

well ag mine wasn't a sucess at all...but I still have some cool pics (still can't post them on here for some reason) little help moderator!!!
Anyhow it's supposed to get real cold this week so you best bring both, but include some orange too.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, it looks like its going to be freezing!

Do you think -20 weather will prohibit deer movement? Typically should increase it for feeding etc right?

I usually wear a blaze toque regardless of laws. Hoping to get a chance at both a mulie and a whitetail - whitetails for sure atleast.

Make a profile at www.photobucket.com and upload your photos there! Post them from there to here with the links provided beloew each picture after you upload it.

How big was that big boy yah missed JD?

Quick Reply: 2006 Canadian Whitetails - Get' em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.