Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!! >

Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Old 12-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

ORIGINAL: heinz57

hand gun's are useless for hunting .they can destroy them all .along with the semi auto .
Don’t worry heinz, it’s going to be process of elimination, so first it will be the semi autos because they’re dangerous and then next will be the bolt actions and the pumps and last but not least will be the single shots and voila it’s done and they’re all gone, so enjoy your bolt action and try and hang on to it as long as possible. I may be over reacting but it could happen that way....
Old 12-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's going to make duck hunting a very different sport.

Dan O.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:30 PM

Our great country, ONTARIO! I mean Canada.
I agree a more balanced representation is required on a per province basis. Why should wein BC, Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, Territories,Quebecand the Atlantichaveto be governedsolely based on whats goodfor ONTARIO. Butnow for the big question, how do we change it. AH Yes, we put it to vote! NO that won't work, ONTARIO will win by majority voting to keep it the way it is. Maybe one day things will change.

Old 12-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Typical Buck

i have been hunting for the last 40 year's ..they will never ever dare remove our right to go hunting ..too much money involved [profit] for our governement..too bad that we can't go back .ex. everybody hunt's only with black powder rifle's ..can u imagine a hold up in a bank with a black powder gun ..hunting is a great sport when it is done with respect .putting 4 bullet's into a deer is not my kind of hunt ..let the first bullet count and kill the game properly and clean ..my 2 cent's ..
Old 12-12-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

heinz57; I agree that in a perfect world that is the hoped for outcome of all hunts. In the real world a second quick shot is very helpful. You can get very good with a bolt action rifle if they allow a clip I expect that the ultimate aim is the same as Australia and GB so start practicing loading buckshot in your black powder.

Dan O.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:22 PM
Typical Buck

i used to go duck hunting with my COOEY .12 GUAGE single shot p.s. later on i got a BROWNING BPS i shot more duck's [how many duck's do we have to shoot to be satisfied] i had more fun with my single shot ..
Old 12-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're absolutely right Heinz57. The only question is if they'll give us money like Australia did for our semis, pumps and lever actions when we have to turn them in. It has been suggested that there be a central lockup and all guns have to be stored there when not being used for hunting. Othersuggestions are for no private ownership and you rent a gun when you want to go hunting.

There have been several actions which are leading in this direction:
1) ban/restriction on automatic firearms
2) limit on clip size for semiautomatics
3) registration of non restricted firearms

I don't know how handguns haveremained legal this long.

Dan O.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

DAN O. i don't know why they keep nailing us [hunters] we register our rifle's , we can't buy amo without our permit ,we pay good money for our hunting permit's ,we passed test's for firearm's ..me too sometimes i wonder where it will all END ...
Old 12-13-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: heinz57

we can't buy amo without our permit
Yes this is true but you can purchase all what’s required for reloading without a PAL and yes that includes gunpowder.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's an interesting read about Australia:

http://www.gunsandcrime.org/aussiegc.html

They had the legislation written and were just waiting for a large gun crime to raise public support. Axeworthy said that it's his intention to disarm Canadians. You move a mountain the easiest if you move one shovelful at a time.

Dan O.

Quick Reply: Liberals want to ban hanguns in Canada!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.