Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Other Areas
 What are the 2005 Season results? >

What are the 2005 Season results?

Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

What are the 2005 Season results?

Old 12-04-2005, 10:22 AM

Default What are the 2005 Season results?

Just wondering how everyone else's season went. I ended up taking a 1 antlered buck who didn't look like he was ever going to produce a decent rack on the last day. Saw more deer than usual but nothing that would get the heart pumping. And I was so cold on saturday I lost feeling in my fingers when I was getting ready to dress my deer. Good Ol' sask winter!
Old 12-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are the 2005 Season results?

My season’s not over yet. Shotgun opens tomorrow and hopefully I get a couple. Went out this morning and it looks promising being that the deer are in herds around my uncles place. Just have to thin out that herd a little......
Old 12-04-2005, 09:03 PM

Pretty good season for me guided for some Pope and Young bears, shot a 40 inch moose, 6X5 palmated mulie with a neat droptine, 4X4 and 5X5 whitetails as well as mulie and whitetail does. Shoulda had an Elk but lots of bad luck however lots of calling action which is always lots of fun. Also called a young moose to about twenty yards in the Elk season, i was starting to think I had made a mistake lol.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

PB, I hear yeah on saturday...ouch it was nippy! I ended up taking a wounded 5x on saturday with the MLer. Some slob gave him a limp by busting his front left leg, as I found copper jacketing in the brisket area and no way was itfrom my bullet. So kind of a downer way to end the season but felt it was the right thing to do. He is a downslider I had seen and passed. I haven't scored him but figure 145 range. I had high hopes for the ML zone having scouted out a few gagers this year but they just never materialized like I had dreamed. Such is life as a hunter and the part that fuels our desire for next season!

I will say I saw some awesome Mulie's this year while filling doe tag's and have my fingers crossed that I get pulled next year for them big eared deer!

The rest of my season was good. Started with a 5x bull elk in sept, then a 47" bull moose in October and I rattled in a 160 class 5x5 in November in WMZ 67.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:25 PM

First week of the season took a nice 4x4 mulie with my 5 year old son, wasn't really expecting to get anything but seems thats when they show up. In October I filled my Moose tag, nice 7x7,with my father on our yearly trip together. For the November long weekend my wife and I decided to take the kids again. Never fails, she brings me luck, we saw by the far the largest bodiedmulie I have ever seen, he easily would have topped 350lb live. We could tell it hada rack easily from 150 yards +/- but couldn't tell how many (4ptseason)before he wondered off into the trees. I tried to get up on him but he couldn't have gone into anything thicker making it all but impossible to see. I got within about 50 yards or so only to hear him take off. Oh well, that got my blood pumpingwhich is really all thatmatters.