Bears invading cities!!!!!! >

Bears invading cities!!!!!!

Community
Other Areas Canada, Africa, etc.

Bears invading cities!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bears invading cities!!!!!!

Well in the last 3 weeks here in Southern Ontario there have been 2 incidents where they have had to trap bears that wandered into Newmarket and then Markham which are both basically suburbs of Toronto. Even with this happening, until one attacks a kid or eats a poodle the damn government still won't reinstate the spring hunt. Idiots.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bears invading cities!!!!!!

Terry , Never mind the bears , Robert Shad will look after them I'm sure ...

How was your turkey hunt ? I heard you got togeather with Mikey ?...BT
Old 06-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Bears intruding into human settlements isn't evidence of a bigger population, just braver bears. I suspect we will quickly see more wildlife adapting to urban and suburban envrionments, where hunting pressure is next to nothing.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Spent alot of time in the bush and there`s been an increase in bear numbers. We see them here in southern Ontario when turkey hunting and never did before. We also see alot more while moose hunting then anyone can ever remember seeing in the past.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

How was your turkey hunt ? I heard you got togeather with Mikey ?...BT
Hey Adrien,
Turkey season was too short!!! But I did manage to take a nice plump 15 1/2 lb Jake so no complaints from me. The wildest thing that happened to me was when a coyote came flying into my decoys and jumped my hen ! I was so amazed I never even shot the darn thing. He realized pretty quickly that it didn't taste too good and hightailed it outta there!!!!!! Wish I had brought my video camera! Got out a couple times with John but I'll let him fill ya in on his season.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:29 PM

Its kinda funny to hear guys talk about 3 bears trapped in southern Ontario and nothing being done about the problem. To give you an idea what its like living here, Sudbury district alone trapped and relocated 78 bears in one summer. So far this year, they're only up to 50. Most locals don't even bother calling anymore about nuisance bears.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Inactive

I live east of Ottawa (Carleton Place area) - they had a bear wander into a sub-division, near the AHigh School. It was tranq'd and taken out of town a few days later it came back !! Same thing, they tranq'd it and moved it further out of town.

Week later it showed back at the same spot - guess it was the old - 3 strikes your out - they shot it. (the Ministry).

Here in Rastern Ontario it is getting to be quiet populated with bears - and they are not shy about coming into town !!!
Old 07-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said in my original post, someone will eventually get hurt and the family can hire any rookie lawyer who could make a very good "negligence" case against the provincial government for mismanaging wildlife and contributing to the tragedy. Its just a matter of time.