Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
The best rifle scope for the money ?? >

The best rifle scope for the money ??

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

The best rifle scope for the money ??

Old 12-29-2020, 03:28 PM
Spike

I use the Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 scope for deer and coyote hunting. I have it on my 243. Great scope, clear glass, and it's only $89 bucks on Amazon. I've only put about 40 rounds thru the gun and I know 243 is a low recoil cartridge anyway, but so far no complaints. I've seen where people have these scopes on 45-70 Govt rifles, and Bushnell says they'll be good on 20 gauge slug guns. So they're pretty good scopes for the money I think.
Old 12-29-2020, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the phrase you're looking for is that Bushnell is a good scope for you. From past experience, I would not rate them as being a good scope for the money.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Wiwagner
I think you should look at the Vortex Razor HD Gen ii 4.5-27x56. This would be a great option...

I know an article on the best rifle scope definitive guide which is really helpful. Here is the article-

Thanks for the guide, definitely useful information

Last edited by JoshR7; 01-17-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:17 PM
Spike

Determining the best rifle scope for the money depends on your specific needs, preferences, and budget. However, here are a few highly regarded rifle scopes that offer a good balance of quality and affordability:
  1. Vortex Diamondback Tactical: This scope offers excellent value for its price, with features such as a solid build, clear optics, and reliable performance. It is available in various magnification ranges to suit different shooting applications.
  2. Nikon ProStaff P5: Nikon is known for producing quality optics, and the ProStaff P5 scope is no exception. It offers a clear sight picture, reliable tracking, and durable construction, making it a popular choice for hunters and target shooters.
  3. Leupold VX-Freedom: Leupold is a reputable brand in the optics industry, and the VX-Freedom scope delivers excellent optical performance and durability. It offers a wide range of magnification options and features Leupold's Twilight Light Management System for enhanced low-light visibility.
  4. Bushnell Engage: The Bushnell Engage series provides reliable performance at an affordable price point. These scopes offer good clarity, a robust build, and a range of options for different shooting needs.
  5. Athlon Talos: Athlon offers budget-friendly scopes without compromising on quality. The Talos series provides clear optics, sturdy construction, and features such as illuminated reticles and adjustable parallax.
It's important to consider factors such as magnification range, reticle type, durability, and intended shooting application when selecting a rifle scope. Additionally, reading customer reviews, consulting with experienced shooters, and visiting reputable retailers can help you make an informed decision.

Remember that the best rifle scope for you ultimately depends on your individual shooting preferences and needs.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:24 AM
Spike

According to some web sources, some of the best rifle scopes for the money in 2023 are:

• Swarovski ds Gen II 5-12X52 This is a smart scope that automatically calculates the correct aiming point based on distance, air pressure, temperature, angle and magnification. It also has a built-in laser rangefinder and a ballistic calculator. It's very expensive but very advanced.

• Sig Sauer Buckmasters 3-9X40mm Combo Kit This is a budget-friendly scope that comes with a rangefinder and a wind meter. It has a simple duplex reticle and a 1-inch tube. It's durable, clear and easy to use.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:29 PM
Spike

While there's no one-size-fits-all "best" scope for the money, Swarovski rifle scopes are highly regarded for their exceptional clarity, low-light performance, and durability. These features come at a premium cost, so they might not be the most budget-friendly option. If you're a serious hunter or long-range shooter seeking top-of-the-line optics, Swarovski is a brand to consider. Otherwise, there are many excellent scopes from other manufacturers that offer great performance at a more accessible price point.