Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Leupold Freedom series >

Leupold Freedom series

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leupold Freedom series

Old 02-21-2019, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leupold Freedom series

Hello all. I am looking to put a new scope on my 30-06. I like the Leupold VX-IIs but I see they have been discontinued. The "Freedom" line seems comparable to the VX-I/II scopes. Does anyone have experience with these scopes and would you recommend them? I don't want a cheap scope but I don't have $1,000.00 to spend on a scope either.

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been considering one of these myself. From what I've read, they come with VX-2 glass with some twilight lens coating, the reticle in the 2nd focal plane and some good reticle choices. It also comes with Leupold's lifetime warranty. Supposedly, VX-3 glass is "slightly better" but the cost is way more. You can get a basic 3-9 for under $200. Sounds like a solid deal. And no, I don't work for Leupold, sell any scopes or even own one yet. But I'm considering it. Anybody have one yet?
Old 02-22-2019, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I bought one last month for my new Savage .17 HMR

Im not someone who is going to spend $500+ on a scope. The highest end scope I have is a Vortex Viper 6-24x50 which is on my Rem 700 30-06. Got that for $340 shipped on cyber Monday 2017.

I looked at and through a lot of scopes the day I bought the 17. I picked up a Freedom 4-12x40 and handed it right back to the guy and said "I'll take it".

I'm by no means a scope expert but it's very clear and crisp. Ive only been to the range once so far with that setup. I paid $300 for the scope. If theres a nicer scope for $300 I want to see it.