Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best Low Level Light Binos At Dusk >

Best Low Level Light Binos At Dusk

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best Low Level Light Binos At Dusk

Old 07-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just going to say this, I sold optic's for a bunch of yrs(was an authorized dealer for many top shelf brands too<swarovski zeiss and the likes name brands, didn;t carry cheap off name brands)
three things come to mind for low light
lower magnification the better
the larger the objective the better,
and the better the quality of the glass, the better!'

the first two can be had in cheap/cheaper bino's,
the last one tends to cost you money to get quality!

On average thats how things simply work
there is a ratio to get better science of things
7x40 mm will get you middle of the road
8 will be more power a little less low light and the same then as things climb

stay away from the micro bino's for any real low light, even at LOW power, they still suck compared to a full sized of equal glass quality!

I won't get into night vision here,a s that is not basic glass, its battery powered, so, don't think it fits in with basic bino questions!
Old 11-15-2017, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

Great thread Cal. Here is what I have found over the years.In terms of binos I have owned Bushnells,Stieners,Swaro's and Ziess. To tell the honest truth I could not tell a difference between the Swaro and Ziess they are my top picks. When I bought my Steiners they cost me about 700 dollars but that was back in 89. They blew my 150 dollar Bushnells out of the water. My Steiners were 7x50's and they were no brighter then my Ziess I own now which are 10x45's. In fact the Ziess are probably brighter.
When I am writing this I will tell you I have had several eye issues and my eyes do not work well in low light. So if these binos or scopes are clear and bright to me others should be floored.
With rifle scopes I have definately found the the bigger the objective the better the light transmission. My 6.5x20-56 Leupold lr scope is my brightest
. I have a 3x18-50 Swaro that comes very close to Leupold and if it were a 56 would blow the Leupold out of the water. The difference in tube size I dont think makes a difference. To me the biggest influence in clarity and brightness is glass quality.
One other optic I will mention that I am glad I picked up many years ago is my Lica spotting scope. Before it I had a Bushnell package model and was not really impressed but blamed problems on high magnification. When I got this Lieca let me tell youu my eyes were opened. That was probably 25 years ago and that thing still floors me. The other night we were watching a field for white tails and after legal light that Lieca was still spotting deer at 700yds.
I have now given my two cents and once again great thread.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

without a doubt, Carl Zeiss Jenna 7x35 EDF's best I ever looked through and I've used a bunch, only sad part is they are not available and mine came up missing.
RR