Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Best Range Finder >

Best Range Finder

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Best Range Finder

Old 05-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Spike

Default Best Range Finder

I am looking to buy a new range finder, I have contemplated the Leupold and the Leica. Does any one have any thoughts on these two or possibly another one that I haven't looked at. Thanks!!!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a Leica when they first came out. It was expensive. I don't use it much. I think it's in the basement in a back pack.

I used to pace off the distances for chuck shooting and checked my pace at the range.

For the most part I considered 220 or so yards to be in range and I tried to get that close.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe NoMercy did a review on Rangefinders that is well worth reading, if you can find it.

I own a Nikon Monarch 800 and a Bushnell 1200

It depends on how far you expect to shoot, and if there are "objects" in the area where you plan to hunt that you can easily "range" (the concern is Hard or soft objects).

Last edited by Sheridan; 05-29-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ha, My Best Rangefinder

I was out exercising it today. I have a few spots measured out to 100 yards and 200 yards. And one spot I just use an arm and eyeballs to measure 20 yards and just double it for 40 yards.
I keep working the ol eyeballs. How much they charging for those electonic gizmos these days ?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Spike

I got the Leica not too long ago and i actually really enjoy it! I didnt use it too much right when i got it but now i have recently really gotten into using it! I support it! This website helped me pick http://besthuntingbinocular.com/