Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Leica show special >

Leica show special

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Leica show special

Old 02-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default Leica show special

I just sent in my Leica 8x42HD bino's. I got a good price on them as they were "show specials". I hunted with them the first yr an was real happy however they had something go wrong this yr on a Iowa hunt. The left tube wouldn't focus and it seemed to secrete a silky substance. They have 10 yr warranty on them so we will see how good they honor them. I will keep you informed about how this goes. I am just a little worried that the show special binos are some refabbed one.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Well I found out today just how good the Leica warranty is. A joke is what it is. I got a statement in the mail that I had to pay 100 dollars to get them fixed. I called service department and got a response that they didn't recieve my warranty card so I had to pay. I sent in the card when I got them. Its their word now over mine. What a joke this is truely a f ----ing joke. I told themI sent my receipt and now they are looking into the matter. The gal told me she would call me today and didn't until I called her and she is still looking into the matter. This is unexceptable. I paid for a top of the line bino and this is what I get. Please people buy Ziess or SWarvo's and save alot of headaches. Anybody want to buy a pair of Leica Binos?