Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
optics suggestions for the do-it-all gun? >

optics suggestions for the do-it-all gun?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

optics suggestions for the do-it-all gun?

Old 03-31-2011, 07:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default optics suggestions for the do-it-all gun?

im looking for some optics suggestions for my 20 gauge barrel on my tc prohunter. I decided last year i was tired of always running across what i happened to not be hunting for (deer hunting im on turkeys, turkey hunting and squirrels are throwing acorns at me)....so i decided to make a do it all gun and have some fun. Just picked up a 20gauge barrel for my encore.....so federals for turkey, express 4's for squirrel, and ill pattern some saboted slugs later for deer......soooooo which optics. Im thinking either a low powered red dot scope, or a seethru reflex sight. The main thing ill use the scope for is the slugs, but it will sit on the gun year round (ill just have to learn where to aim to pattern when im using shot shells). Any ideas? Dont want to spend over about $150.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Burris FastFire II... but it's a tad over $150.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:21 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bugsNbows
Burris FastFire II... but it's a tad over $150.
do you have experience with this sight? What size are the dots on it? Im thinking the maximum distance ill be able to get a good grouping 20 gauge sabot without a rifled barrel is pron somewhere around 100 yards, so i wonder what sized dot reticle i need for that.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by scottycoyote
do you have experience with this sight? What size are the dots on it? Im thinking the maximum distance ill be able to get a good grouping 20 gauge sabot without a rifled barrel is pron somewhere around 100 yards, so i wonder what sized dot reticle i need for that.
Yes. I have one on a Win 94 in .32 Spl. The dot is 4 MOA. At 100 yards that would be about 4 inches. No problem what-so-ever. Good luck.
Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

thanks man