Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
BARSKA 10-30x60 Zoom Binoculars - Anybody tried them? >

BARSKA 10-30x60 Zoom Binoculars - Anybody tried them?

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

BARSKA 10-30x60 Zoom Binoculars - Anybody tried them?

Old 08-03-2010, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default BARSKA 10-30x60 Zoom Binoculars - Anybody tried them?

My dad lost our only good pair of binos last turkey season...

So I searched cabelas website for a new pair and I tried staying low on price but also get a good pair with good quality and distance. I found this barska one and decided to order it. Their was no reviews or ratings on it so it must be a new product.

Do any of you guys have it? What do you think?
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, stay clear of anything Barfska.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

"Their was no reviews or ratings on it so it must be a new product."

Or no one purchased them and / or wrote a review !?!?

Make sure to write a review.....................................for everyone else !
Old 08-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
"Their was no reviews or ratings on it so it must be a new product."

Or no one purchased them and / or wrote a review !?!?

Make sure to write a review.....................................for everyone else !
That could be too.

If nobody has purchased them... then I guess ill have to be the guinea pig.. Once I get them in the mail next week ill post up a review on here and cabelas website.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Soon as you get them try them out, especially at low light. If there is a problem, and I think there will be, call Cabela's and ship them back to them. What is your maximum budget, that will enable others to make suggestions about an alternative.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I'd like to stay 80 and under but if their is one that really think is a good one then I'll go out of that price range. I saw some BSA ones that had perma focus and their was alot of positive reciews and ratings.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check here;

http://www.opticsplanet.net/binoculars.html

Good luck with your decision !
Old 08-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

Barska is low end glass. I own a pair of single magnification Barskas. I got my $70 worth of use out of them for a couple of years. You won't get more than that out of them. The low end zoom binoculars seem to be simlar to low end spotting scopes. They are usable at the lower magnification, but quickly become useless as you dial up the magnification. If $80 is all you can afford for now. So be it. I hunted four years with a pair of $35 no names from Sam's Club and found them superior to no glass at all. I would make a good set of binoculars a higher priority than another gun, other expensive purchase.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys. I got them in the mail the other day and tried them out. I can tell you right now I wasn't pleased but thats why they were 50 bucks. I have decided to send them back and im looking at a pair of nikon action binoculars. There above my price range but thats fine. They have a excellent rating and a lot of positive reviews on them. Im not a fan of ordering online but I dont have a cabelas any where close to me and I'd rather stick with a cabelas store since ive had such good luck with them in the past.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:43 AM
Spike

Pope94/IA,

Another route to consider is to check eBay and Craig's List. Good quality optics at really bargin prices are frequently available. Absent abuse, optics don't wear out with time.