Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
High end hunting equipment rentals >

High end hunting equipment rentals

Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

High end hunting equipment rentals

Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Spike

Default High end hunting equipment rentals

How would you feel about renting high end scopes and optics? I'm talking like around 1500 dollar premium brand scopes. Would you pay to rent one of these scopes for a season or for a week or two to try out? My idea is that you could use an expensive scope without breaking the bank and actually buying it. What are your thoughts?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would not pay to rent a scope.

I might pay to rent a top of the line spotting scope for a family vacation. I would be looking for a Swarovski 20x60x80mm HD, with a camara adaptor and a Swarovski tripod.
If you are thinking about starting up a business? I have a Swarovski 20x60x65mm spotting scope in new condition I will sell you. I want to move up to the 20x60x80mm swarovski spotting scope.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Does not sound appealling to me in the least!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

That wouldn't interest me either.
This is very far fetched but I would rather take a chance on purchasing a brand new high end optic and returning after a week of use than that idea.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:43 AM
Spike

Nahhh, I don't think I would rent anything either. Now maybe if you are a guide and you have high end customers that would rent the equipment you may be able to recoup some of your money back, but I think the regular folk like me, would prefer to purchase their own equipment. That way you know how it is going to perform on a day to day basis, whether it is cheap or expensive.
Beside's I wouldn't want to rent really expensive equipment.... I would be afraid of tearing it up and having to pay for it.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:45 AM
Spike

Hey... I just had a brain fart!!! Maybe I can tell my wife that I am going to purchase really expensive equipment and I plan on renting it out to get some of my money back out of it!!!!! I wonder if she will buy into that?>??>