Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Binos........ >

Binos........

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Binos........

Old 02-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Binos........

The quality of optics we are seeing in the past 5-10 is phenomenal. I would venture to say that the big 3 europeon optics companies are going to take a sever beating over the next several years. It's become PAINFULLY obvious that there are numerous optics companies that are producing products that are so close in optical quality to the big three that it is driving the value of those european made optics into a hole. Zen Ray, Meopta, and Hawke all come to mind. When you can buy a Zen Ray EDII for just over $400 that is so optically close to a ZeissSwaroLeic that there is practically no difference its got to be damaging to those Euro-optics companies.

The bottom line is...........hold off buying those high end optics. They'll be available in the near future for dimes on the dollar.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

cool! Cant wait!
Old 03-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Dont have to wait.....get you a set of ProMaster Elite ED's...........
Old 03-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bozeman
Dont have to wait.....get you a set of ProMaster Elite ED's...........
I agree The promaster ED are just an excellent bino for the money. They are the same bino as the Zen Ray ED and the Hawke Frontier ED.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Vortex Razor... Another pair I would put up there and the best warranty on the market!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

I like my Vortex Nomad. Time will tell on durability of the new kids on the block. I think competition is good
Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree. I think you don't have to spend big money to get quality binos. You can go with companies like Nikon or Vortex.

I bought a pair of nikon monarchs and they are awesome. I paid $250 for them and couldn't be happier.