Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
Pentax 8x43 DCF SP Any thoughts? >

Pentax 8x43 DCF SP Any thoughts?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

Pentax 8x43 DCF SP Any thoughts?

Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pentax 8x43 DCF SP Any thoughts?

Had my binos stolen this fall, looking for a new pair, anyone have experience with Pentax or advise on a pair in the $500 - $1000 range for hunting.

thanks
Ron
Old 02-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

have the 10x43, they're awesome, best for the money IMO...

when I was looking for new binos, nothing came close in that price range...would have to jump to swaros if you want better glass.....at like $1500...
Old 02-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

i got to play around with a buddies pair last year our turkey hunting. they were actualy pretty good, almost along side a older pair of ziess binos another guy had. i came really close to buying a pair for myself but the cheaper version has a blue tint (the same d75 sun filter they use on cameras) that makes everything dark so i just went to my go to brand nikon.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

I have those. I don't have alot of experience with other brands to give you a comparison as these are the first high end binos I have owned. I read and read and all the info pointed to these being the best for the money, comparable to the $1000 glass for a fraction of the price. I have had them for 4-5 years now and think they are great. They are more than a person needs for whitetails. I can see well past legal shooting with them in the deep woods to the open fields.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought Swarovski SLC' and was later was given Nikon's LX's. Both are 8x40-somethings. Both are excellent. Both cost ver $1000 these days. In 2009, I borrowed a Pentax DCF WP II's 8X's during the spring turkey season. These are supposed to be below the SP series!?! These were impressive and I recommend them often because I discovered they can be bought for about $350 ! I for one would not hesitate one minute on the SP's based upon what I know about the WP II's.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:30 AM
Spike

I have played with the DCF SP ED binoculars last year. It is quite good. Much better than Monarch binoculars. Optically, it is similar to ZEN ED but with less field of view. I will try ZEN ED2 for the best deal.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/opti...ar-review.html
Old 08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Definately best bino for the money.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Solid bin. Mine served me well for many hard years.

Check out http://www.cameralandny.com/. Dougs a stand up guy who has products, service and knowledge that is tough to beat. He has some good pricing, always a special on something or other.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RonPenner
Had my binos stolen this fall, looking for a new pair, anyone have experience with Pentax or advise on a pair in the $500 - $1000 range for hunting.

thanks
Ron

For the money, I have a pair of Full Size Brunton Eterna's in 11x45. Can't comment on the Pentax as I have no experience with them but check out the Brunton's if you have a retailer that sells them. Love mine, got them at Cabelas few years back.

http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=308