Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Optics
range finder binos? >

range finder binos?

Community
Optics Quality optics are a must-have for any serious hunter. Discuss them here.

range finder binos?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Spike

Default range finder binos?

Getting ready to buy a pair of Leicas 15X56 binos with R.F. has any one used them? Can I get your input? Also heard that swaroskys might be coming out with one these year? Out hear we need to glass for long distances, but I have a concern with close range say under 200 yards with the 15X.
thanks
Old 02-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Spike

I had the leicas rf...and swaro's non range finding...I sold them all after I picked up a pair of zeiss 10x45 rf's

I used the heck out of this glass in new mexico and south texas and love them to death. They range out to 1600yds instantly and are the clearest thing I have ever used.

They are expensive but worth every penny. When you are spending this much money on glass you need to really talk to guys that know the glass for instance the marketing reps for leica or zeiss. Those guys know more about the glass than those salesmen behind the counter.

good luck with your choice.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to a new site from a young man named Ilya Koshkin. He also posts regularly on the OT Forum at S.W.F.A. He is VERY knowledgeable on all things optic. Read his writings...send him e-mails and PM's. You will be glad you did.

http://opticsthoughts.com/index.php

Last edited by bugsNbows; 02-11-2010 at 03:20 AM. Reason: forgot link!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:33 AM
Spike

thanks for the inputs!, had not conceder the ziess but after reading about the rf in them they are looking not as expensive as they were before!, right now Im using a pair of bruntons 10X42 that I have' from almost 10 years and have been happy with, but the option of having a rf in the same place is great, have used the lupolds 8X32 and they are really good at close range, but couse deers at 400 yards are difficult to judge with ether set, that is way the 15X sounds good.